Poison Effects on Hardcore Characters

Hi Y’all,

I’m running a HC Druid, through normal atm. Just chipping away at it, levelling, hunting rare items, focused on resistances. Mostly going to be a Zoo Druid build.

Last night I was in Act 2, getting poisoned quite a bit, and running away, and healing, and letting my pets do most of the heavy lifting, and my health while poisoned reduced all the way down to 1. I still had visible green poison effects on my char, but he did not die. I’ve lost HC chars before, and watched it happen in slo mo, and could not believe it when he did not die. Is this some kind of bug? Can I expect this to occur again? Anyone else got some info about this?

When this happened, I teleported back to town, stood around for a minute or so, processed what had just happened, and then grabbed a whole lot of health potions and healed back up to full. The entire situation repeated itself a little while later.

I’m scared…

You can´t die from poison at least whilst in town. I never tried it outside of town. :wink:

So always go to town and talk to a healer.

1 Like

Even outside of town poison takes me down to 1 health. At least on SC. Don’t let a breeze blow on you tho lol

2 Likes

Poison NEVER kills. It will only drop your health to 1 hp if you let it. I repeat you cannot be killed by poison

1 Like

You cannot be killed by poison but watch out for this quill rats with 1 HP left

1 Like

This is excellent advice. Did not know this. Thanks!

some skills will kill. Rabies, for example…
I believe the poison clouds that linger, will also kill you.
I want to also say Plague Javelin…?