Pls fix Rabies for 2.5

To be honest im really happy with the changes to druid overall. Love playing different summon builds and the fire skils are great too. The only downsides to those builds now is the slow clearspeed for summons and the unfair balances of immunities on hell where fire is almost impossible to break compared to lightning which is easy. However one skill that is just as useless as before 2.4 is rabies. I really cant see the reasoning for the insane duration. With max Rabies + synergies and bis gear and a inventory full of shapeshifting skillers u end up with 50-60k poison damage. While u might think that sound insane its really not when u count the fact that u are looking at around 20 sec duration. So basically u have 50-60k divided with 20 = 2,5-3k dps :confused: . Nobody in their right mind would ever consider spending multiple high runes on a build that barely can beat nightmare and having to wait 20 sec for a pack of mobs to die. Even summons can clear faster on their own with crap gear while u go get a cup of coffe.

My suggestion is reduce this insane duration to max 6-8 sec and keep the same amount of damage. And make the spreading apply a fresh duration to new targets or at least a minimum duration if they get poisoned in the last sec. This way it might actually be something playable instead of just being a 1 pointer to get to fury.

Im sure people have different ideas to how this skill can become viable and i would love to see this because atm its just not viable at all

2 Likes

i dont think the damage “amount” on rabies is what kills it its just the duration scaling that makes it worthless. if it was capped at 4-6 seconds the damage would be fine

i feel adding 1 more synergy ( such as what POD did with dire wolves)
and then maybe buffing damage by 50% would be more than enough to make it viable

It was kind of what i said :slight_smile: the duration is the real problem. With the current duration even buffing it with 100% damage would not matter much it would still suck and it would be only 5-6 k dps.

1 Like

yeah with the current duration there is no way to fix it you would need to have to deal like 250k for the current duration to have useable dps

I think the most reasonable way is lowering the duration. I actually tried the POD version of this build and it works pretty well :slight_smile:

Maybe some gear or rw to condense poison duration. New facets maybe

that would be one way to fix it too :slight_smile: as long as they find some kind of solution ill be happy. This solution might be too strong for other builds though like the poison java where they already buffed the skills but im sure they can find some way around it

1 Like