Please just reset the ladder

Assuming you mean Sept. 30th, I think that’s impossible at this point since the timeline would be too tight with this second PTR iteration.

Let’s say they announce the 2nd PTR this Thursday and it begins Friday (Sept. 16) and runs for 1 week, that’s September 23rd already. Then they’ll probably take at least a week to review the feedback and make any changes before releasing 2.5, I’m guessing they’ll take 1.5 weeks so that’d be October 4th for patch 2.5 release.

Then they’ll take at least a week to make sure everything is running smoothly before ladder, I think they’ll take another 1.5 weeks and reset ladder on October 14th, falling on a Friday.

So yeah, my optimistic guess is October 14th for ladder reset. There’s always the possibility of slowdowns or delays that could push it back, but I hope we don’t have any of those.

Also there was an update to the vendor client for D2R about an hour ago so that’s something at least:

naa man this week we will get new patch notes and a quicky Ptr AND a date for reset
sept 30th.

Lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think it’ll be the 30th. There have been images floating from the consoles for this date, and Pez stated that they were fitting the ptr into the existing timeline. So a week of latest ptr, push patch 23rd, reset on 30. Gives them a couple weeks leeway on initial feedback to second ptr and any last minute bug fixes before ladder. Then tweak TZ numbers on the fly the first month. I wouldn’t expect a major mid patch for the season; mainly bug fixes, TZs enabled for Offline, minor misc things as they look more towards 2.6 for the next major patch

Perhaps, I think it’ll be too tight of a schedule but we shall see. Hoping we get the PTR post tomorrow but trying to keep my hopes down so guessing Thursday instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

They probably are going all in with heavier monitoring like they did with the beta tests, where they pushed a couple of quick patches within the week. Might end up pulling some OT on the weekend so that scheduling wasn’t interfering with other projects.

Since you said that there was an update on vendor today, ptr might come tomorrow, which is a couple of days more leeway.

Dud you not read the blue messages? We will get into about it this week.

My point is that the implementation of Terror Zones seems ominously similar to moving D2R into the direction of D3. Making everything much easier, including gearing and leveling takes away what little challenge D2 offers. It’s exactly the challenge of the grind that’s kept the game alive for decades. What’s the incentive to farm when even the best items are already being found by almost everyone else. Trading will become meaningless, and when everyone hits 99 within a month of ladder resetting the game will very quickly die. This could of course be their plan, to kill of D2R and get people excited for D4. Either way, TZ aren’t nearly exciting enough to warrant this much poor communication from the dev team. Simple QOL changes would’ve been a great start to S2.

1 Like

perfect, so let’s just have the new ladder with this setting.

1 Like

I don’t think getting the desired feedback is the problem, I think its accommodating what was stated from the PTR review and this forum is. Meaning its taking time to change/implement some of our suggestions to TZ to make it worth while. I’d rather wait for a fully well rounded TZ than a ham and egg version that provides little incentive.

So what? Go play Diablo 3 if you want new useless endgame.

They should just have a system where every (set period of time) the Ladder automatically resets. Some sort of system that requires zero effort to use and is predictable and consistent so the players all know whats going on and whats going to happen.

They could even have halfway over warning. 1 month warnings. All sorts of automated goodies.

Like maybe after 4 months of Ladder start every “Ladder” toon loses their “Ladder” status? Idk man I’m not some sort of super genius :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Delaying rest is really boring. It makes me not to play any ladder game…or ptr update should be released.

Agreed. I missed the first Resurrected season even though I purchased two copies. I am ready to play now. If the reset isn’t this month I will likely miss this one as well for work related reasons.

It amazes me why the community doesn’t just decide to do its own ladder seasons.
Here’s how you do it; you all just agree to delete all your characters, or just start new ones without doing any muling/trading.

Its effectively the same sh!t. Or would it just be roflruined by the one troll who’d decide to roll in on public games with all his madlad gear?

I just don’t get it. They released 2.4 mid ladder didn’t they? Why not release terror zones mid ladder? lol.

They’re not smart. Don’t ever accuse them of having intelligence.

Should have for sure reset ladder and then continued their work on TZ.

1 Like

Starting fresh is the point of ladder. Not everyone strives for 99.

What progress everyone should be done with the game by now. Lvl 99, 5chars, mules full of items. If you’re not quick enough to keep up they keep NL open all year long every year, always.

I would have tried more this ladder had I not been interrupted with some life stuff…and was under the impression ladder was ending before sept. 1st, lol. Had I known it was going until god knows now, I probably would have kept going this ladder.

Blizzard needs to stick to and show concrete dates for these things if we are going to haver proper ladders.

Woah WOAH!!! relax!

They’re barely able to tie their shoes, please don’t expect them to be on time or thorough. It’s funny cuz they talked about a million things on that llama interview, meanwhile they forgot to reset ladder, but hey at least we got that cool new content called TZ. I mean it is so impressive how you took content that already existed in game and made it a little better, the entire community is super impressed.