Please fix summons disappearing

I made my golem out of a nice runeword and he just decided to kill himself because I left him a little too far behind. My skeletons are constantly doing the same and it’s really annoying to have to hold their hands and run together to prevent them from killing themselves. This is a change that really just makes sense in the remaster and it’s something I know a lot would appreciate

15 Likes

Gotta say I agree here, but highly unlikely blizz reprograms the pet ai to suck less.

It’s bad enough that I stopped investing points into revive and skele mages, despite having literally nothing better to spend points on anymore, specifically because I can’t keep enough of the brain damaged little minions alive long enough to cap them out to begin with, and it’s not mobs killing them, it’s a failure to leash/forced despawn.

Maybe they’ll suck considerably less once I finally get an enigma, but honestly, I shouldn’t have to depend on a different classes’ ability to fix my own.

9 Likes

Normal summons also disappear. When I have 8 skeleton mages one always disappears and I have 7. Happens with normal skeletons as well, but way less often. It is not damage related. My necro is lvl 84 and it happens while farming gems in normal games.

7 Likes

If they get too many screens away from you the game just culls them, as far as I know. This might have been done like that semi on purpose back in the day to save ressources in the context of less powerful hardware/servers. You really do need to babysit them (it’s always been like that). This is the main reason why making an iron golem out of anything valuable is an exercise in frustration.

Now whether this could be changed or not is a matter I’m sure the Changes vs. No Changes crowds are gonna have opinions on :wink:

5 Likes

I made an Iron Golem out of Tiamat’s Rebuke, Dragon shield. I thought it would be cool to have a golem doing all sorts of stuff, being elementally resistant, and attacking with the elements… Then it despawned.

I was sad.
This needs to be fixed anyways, but yeah, it’s personal.

7 Likes

Same here : Necro summons sometimes disappear instead of being teleported to the caster if they are too far offscreen.

Revives are the most affected (sometimes just after being summoned) to the point that I end up only summoning them when I know I will get to a boss soon.

Skeleton Mages are also affected but in a lower case. Sometimes half of them are teleported while the others disappear into limbo.

Skeletons Warriors are still affected as well. It just happens much rarely.

Please fix.

4 Likes

This need to be fixed, it’s a very anoying bug, that would be so awesome to have this finally fixed ! hear us loud blizzard :3

6 Likes

This would be a massively welcome fix that could also help in diversifying the builds as well.

In terms of severity for this occurring with minions (both in D2R and Legacy) it looks like - Revives >>> Skele Mages >> Skellies > Golems; and I may be misremembering, but it certainly Feels far, far more severe in D2R than in Legacy. While the Golem getting swallowed by the void is relatively uncommon, the fact that I’ve seen it at all essentially takes Iron Golem off the table for me, which really is a shame considering how cool and unique a game mechanic the IG is.

Regarding the Revives (also a very unique game mechanic), this makes it difficult to justify placing more than one skill point in it. When looking into the challenge of doing Ubers as a summon necro, most will say something in the lines of, “Revive 20 Urdars from the River of Flame for the crushing blow”, but with how common it is for Revives to disappear, my head starts to spin with the semantics of collecting 20 Urdars and then just getting even some of them to Ubers and completing in under 3 minutes. Ideally, I want to be thinking of challenging game mechanics and play style strategy, not RNG semantics of what feels like game bugs.

As for those saying, “Just get Enigma or Teleport charges”, not only does this ignore the core of the issue by presenting a “Just do this” workaround, it also doesn’t entirely work. I have a a Circlet with Tele charges and after teleporting I’ve lost anything from my Golem to half of my Revives.

I think fixing this, if it can be done, would diversify the Necro builds and would be a purely positive change. Not to be too much of a bot, but I’m going to C&P this in the other posts on this topic. Bump the threads and maybe we can get some eyes on this.

7 Likes

The spontaneously vanishing IG is precisely why the clay golem is most people’s go-to. If they fixed that, everyone would have a Pride golem following them around. It would be grand.

6 Likes

I don’t use revives nor iron golem for exactly this, even if you teleport you can lose revives that just wander around a lot more than skels.

I do wish it would get fixed!

6 Likes

Like they really give a F#%$. Just like every other problem this dumb game has always had, they are not going to fix sh^t. Why would they? They already have billions of dollars, so if everyone quits, they have less to worry about.

2 Likes

Tp is the one of the way to resolved this problem

1 Like

Yes the Iron Golem will randomly die, it’s terrible that this hasn’t been fixed. It’s almost like they never played this game before… What a wasted chance to fix things that needed to be fixed. Instead we get things like strength bug fix… Please patch the minions dying… they should be as permanent as your merc really, no reason not to be, this is 2021… Path of exile has been able to do it, even though it took them years.

2 Likes

Will my random disappearing minions ever be fixed? I am sure its beacause of your very bad servers!

3 Likes

This is why I use fire golem.

1 Like

a corpse on the ground is more perm than any of my summons

its a 20 yo bug

1 Like

Why do they make the summons teleport close to you like the Shadow Master from the Assassin? Or make then not disapear like our hires except for the 180s from the revive?

They fix nothing in the game, the game have been out a while and they do nothing, they just use there time to make odd memes on youtube thats all they do. The game is released and now they dont give a damn about the game thats how i see it. We need to live with the buggy hell this game is.

Thank u devs
It has been a blast since Last patch

1 Like