Please Enable Claw for Rune Word "Lawbringer" and "Crescent Moon"

I have stopped using lawbringer for this reason with Phoenix shield. It is great other than that.

1 Like

I’m :+1: on dropping RIP from lawbringer in claws.

The runeword is great for many situations but pretty bad in others. I think that was the design for it’s mechanics.

The sanctuary knockback is also a pain for ghosts for MA sins. Arcane and chaos are pretty annoying. I don’t see them dropping the annoyances from lawbringer if they bring it to claws but in a perfect world, yes, knockback and RIP is bad for MA sins. Knockback might be good for bladesins though, I’ve not played one.

Assassins. It’s complicated. :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah, Lawbringer is not the best option but a good option - Especially for Blad Furry Sin and Tiger-Dragon tail sin, from the entry phase of Hell difficulty. it only costs Lum which is easy to collect for every player.

As an Entry level runeword, “Lawbringer” has both positive and negative side.

And in a few of sessions, lawbringer is the top choice.
e.g.

• full of darksouls - with 90% DR, Lawbringer + Dragontail (no need charge) could clear them rapidly.
  • To prevent Nirasek’s death explosion

That’s the why I like Lawbringer - a balanced weapon, not too imba:) not too weak. Could be a nice to have choice but no must have.

A mid-game “Claws of Thunder” Martial Arts Assassin with dual “Crescent Moon” claws sounds pretty nice, and a nice alternative to the Holy Shock Paladin.

“Lawbringer” it’s also a very good choice, specially against bosses.

I support this changes in general :slight_smile:

The downsides of lawbringer is what would make it a good choice for claws, there’s a trade-of instead of a straight buff. Could be an offhand option to help deal dragon tail users with PIs if nothing else.

Crescent Moon would just be a straight buff for CoT, which i’m all for too. It’d be quite a damage increase, especially for broken lighning immunes.

4 Likes

All for these changes as well, its been mentioned in a few threads now. Hoping this will help make it happen.

1 Like

Mosaic is SO SO SO SO SO SOOOOOO bad of a rune word.

Nobody should ever use it.

If Crescent moon would be available, then ONLY the lightning builds will be GG. Fire and Ice will even be worse than now :frowning:

Buff the hell outa the MA skills please.

4 Likes

I’d rather have good lightning builds than no good builds, and this is a super easy way to achive that.

But sure, i’d take a general MA buff over these runewords in claws any day of the week if i had the choice.

1 Like

Totally agreed. I just prefer a real buff. Playing the lightning build now for ages. I want fire and ice to shine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

this actually is a good idea i think

as long as traps still dont get the +/- res it wouldn’t be op and would be a solid buff to an underused playstyle

Hm, I wonder if fists of fire could be decent with flickering flame, plague and a phonix shield?

Maybe. But it should not take x high rines to have a skill being “decent”.

Compare that to a fire sorc or fire druid lol.
btw: the fire bow-zon is the same, It is just so bad.

2 Likes

Agreed, really really need more claw runewords.
Make the new claw runeword +2 ALL Assassin skills. Not just martial arts, we have Jade talon that is martial arts only and no one uses it, unless they need the resists. But they usually just use a Storm Shield for the damage reduction. Kinda necessary for melee builds.
I don’t see them “fixing” Assassins. They broke them on purpose.

1 Like

Yeah i agree, it shouldn’t be necessary, but i bet it is:/

It would be such an easy change, to make those 2 runewords able to be build into claws, and they would get some happy assassin players with this change. I would be very excited about to play a claw of thunder assassin with 2 crescent moon claws

1 Like

I’d also suggest Black runeword to be allowed for Claws - very good midgame to lategame tool, which will help boss killing with assassin because of the crushing blow.

3 Likes

Agreed. We need more runewords in claws!

2 Likes

Same, I enjoy fire builds and sunders have made them possible, but without end game gear still dead in the water.

I’ve found with the fists of fire, claws of thunder and blades of ice since they are tied to claws it can be very difficult to reduce enemy resistances down so that they are viable.

Claws of thunder on lower players count is ok, crescent moon in claws would really make this shine as previously mention and would help with the play through for MA assassins.

Fists of fire just doesn’t do enough damage with the amount fire immunes in the game and there are no items to bring them down outside of flickering flame. It would take a huge buff to make this skill viable. Better off going tigertail if you want to run a fire build at present which then allows you take advantage of fire resistance lowering items such as HOJ, phoenix, etc. It also has its own dramas with having to bypass two different resistances but it works even with some lower tier gear. (Aware you can go single claw but then you lose the benefit of the double charge up).

Blades of Ice is the same although doesn’t suffer with immunes quite as much as fists of fire so plays better but the problem is still there.

We need these two runewords in claws plus some adjustments to the unique claws which are largely unused. If they tied some mins enemy resistances to each of the unique claws it would bring a lot variety to the MA builds.

Come on, devs! Assassins need more options and solid buffs. It would be a crime if their power level is again in the bottom of the charts for the new seasons.

1 Like

Agreed, and while your at it, please expand a few more runewords to further fuel build diversity…