Please Buff 10 Nostalgic Uniques

In the thread below, we did discuss buffing Griswold’s Edge. As Griswold was a very buff blacksmith, it seemed fitting boosting STR, reducing repair costs and remove knockback…

Griswold’s Edge
Broad Sword
One-Hand Damage: (12-15) To (25-30)
Required Level: 17
Required Strength: 48
+80-120% Enhanced Damage
Adds (10-12) to (15-25) Fire Damage
10% Increased Attack Speed
+100 to Attack Rating
+12 To Strength
Knockback

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Change Strength from +12 to +20
    • Reduce All Repair Costs 15-20%
    • Remove Knockback

Curious as why would you remove knockback? Its iconic from D1. That knockback is critical for stunlocking in that game & your changes don’t make it any more useable long term aside from a cheap edge replacement for vendoring.

If you have any thoughts, please share. I kinda like the unique buff on Griswold’s Edge of lowering repair costs and seems fitting since he was a blacksmith.

There is some interresting ideas here :slight_smile: i think we can all agree on the fact that many uniques needs an overhaul. Many uniques need that little bit of extra stats to be viable once again when u compare them to runewords

1 Like

Thanks for that and hoping the devs consider taking a fresh look at improving uniques.

Yeah most melee weapons are pretty lackluster compared to runewords. The socket ideas are nice for customization and could really bring some variety to weapon choices for melee. Always hated that Tyrael’s Might didnt at least have + to skills , that one definitely has to change. Make Tyrael’s worth the droprate it has

4 Likes

Agreed, I hate that Tyrael’s Might is only used as a trophy item.

2 Likes

Uniques need buff thats for sure alot of what you mentioned I like gg… hopefull we get a unique buff someday especially really rare ones… they should compete with runewords.

2 Likes

I’m hoping they consider buffing uniques for Season 4 as it doesn’t look likely for Season 3.

1 Like

1. Tyrael’s Might

As the rarest unique armor of the game, suggest adding a unique effect:
immune curse

it would be a very useful Armo now!

2 Likes

Good idea, but with D4 coming up I doubt they still care and WANT to care about D2r (cash flow reasons hehe).

1 Like

You’re probably right, but hope you’re wrong.

1 Like

immune curse is a too strong effect…amp is -100% physical reduce…would rander game too ez…however…i’d be ok with immune to holy freeze slowing effect(only melees are harmed by it anyway)

What about a (partial) curse length reduction instead of complete immunity, just like poison length reduction? Hopefully not bugged like Fade, which also decreases shrines’ length.

lenght reduc by 30-50% would be ok…although i’am stingy if 50%

For Tyrael’s Might, an alternate approach is instead of adding Level 1-3 Salvation Aura when equipped, change it to Level 1-3 Cleansing Aura?

Plague already provides Cleansing aura, so Tyrael’s Might wouldn’t feel that special.
I’d change Plague’s Cleansing to just curse length reduction (or replace it by something else) and give Tyrael’s Cleansing. By doing so Tyrael’s Might would retain its superiority, since Cleansing reduces curse and poison duration, and affects the entire party.

1 Like

That sounds like a solid change.