Played 22 years. Now it's easy mode?

Blizz had the right idea initially with focusing on build balancing & adding more level 85 areas. I’m on board with that and agree it still needs work on the build balancing side. And that’s what should be the focus still, not sunder charms removing immunities. Builds should have to be seriously thought out and tested, not just in PTR, but in game as well.

The focus should be on hybrid builds, forcing players to change the meta for terror zones, make it brutal with higher monster density and many immunes. Focus on hybrid builds in order to make it through terror zones. Give me the challenge and excitement, because sunder charms is not it.

How easy do you want this game? Terror zones to me is a great concept, switching up the end game content rather than slogging Chaos Sanctuary or Throne for a million hours. But removing immunities in order to achieve a rebalance is the answer?

11 Likes

It’s easy mode if you find perfect gear. Shouldn’t it be like that after all? I don’t know about you, bu I actually like when my char is obliterating screens. Kinda fun. Kinda what’s this whole gear thing is about.

6 Likes

You’ll spend months gearing up, this is one charm that practically turns any char godly without good gear.

I know what Blizz is attempting to do. It’s to diversify the builds and bring more builds to the table, and I agree. However, what will happen over the next couple of months is players will start to identify the stronger builds and the meta will once again become about the stronger builds rather than build balancing.

The whole point of having these builds is to experience them and know their weaknesses and strengths. These charms simply takes that away and it’s all about damage per second. Similar to Diablo 3. You would use the best spell that dishes out the most damage.

3 Likes

Are you sure? I mean it bumps res to 95% If you don’t have other -res buffs on gear or Infi you’d still only do 5% dmg to those, right? So standalone this charm is not really gg.

5 Likes

It is on the cold sorc. Otherwise I agree.

We don’t know how rare these things are. That obviously matters a lot. If they’re zod rare, well jeez, it hardly matters at that point. If they’re gheeds rare, well, that means most people are going to find it if they play often.

2 Likes

Ahhh yes… I wrote in many posts before - if we keep logic of sundering resistances like that cold sorc skill tree will need to be reviewed for sure : D

1 Like

This game has been easy mode ever since 1.10

2 Likes

The game was already easy mode for infinity light sorcs, zons and hammerdins. It’s just allowing a similar farming level on other specs.

5 Likes

I agree on everything!

But sometime the sinple 5% is way enough to destroy all evemies.
Did yoy try the frenzy barb in PTR? Even without the merc and with meh gear, he can 1shot ghosts in the arcane sanctuary (talking about using frenzy, not Berzerk)
He has no other buffs to deduce enemy defence. The 5% is enough.

The game was already easy mode with the right gear and character… Now you still have to find the charm, and you can gear up many other characters, fully your choice.

The game really hasnt changed that much, just the amount of builds that can play end game comfortably!

3 Likes

You mean like what Infinity does currently?

2 Likes

Ghosts in CS aren’t physical immune so the charm doesn’t do anything to them. They’re not 95% Phys resistant either.
EDIT: confused Arcane with Chaos. Ignore.

I said Arcane Sanctuary, not chaos sanctuary. Act2, right before the canyon of the Magi, where you search for tal rasha’s Tomb. After the Palace. Where you farm the Summoner.

Ah, gotcha. I misread. Cheers.

Infinity was low. Sunder is lower.
Now infinity + Sunder is just the lowest of the new low.
Old bad gears shouldn’t be used as reasons for new worse gears

You are right, infinity is a bad item. So are these charms. So are Universal Immunities :rofl:

There is absolutely nothing challenging or fun about skipping chunks of content because you didn’t roll a Hammerdin…

3 Likes

If 5% phys dmg is oneshoting a mob then I am not sure why physical characters are complaining on lack of damage :slight_smile:

Still, act2 ghost is a act 2 ghost, lv95 is lv95 and Players8 is different difficulty.

Yeah I know… it surprised me… its probably more about AR and the fact that most attacks are single target.

1 Like

Infinity requires 2 ber, mal & ist . This is one charm that removes immunity.

Are you literally comparing this charm to an infinity lol??

I can go all ladder and not find one high rune. Not even joking…