Piety - Shield Runeword for Iron Wolves

The masteries are the core of this RW. So I would like to see that here.

Agree!

Minus Blocking doesn´t matter as said already. I would not make it an armor RW. There a good alternatives for that slot already. But the problem is the shield with spirit only beeing able with + strength on gear… But valid thought! :slight_smile:

Jep, convition should not be able on a 1H slot option in any case imho. And it would not help the merc more the player…

I see where youre going. But would keep it symetric since it doesn´t matter to much. Cold/Fire would be better than now even if lightning my benifit a bit more. The do not cast static often enough to make a difference.

Would keep it 3 OS. Makes it easier to obtain a suitable eth base (at at starting point for the given lvl). The MDR doesn´t make to much of a difference (usefull yes, but standalone only a bit).

I really like this one, as I think it´s perfect for the job! Personally would go -100 mana as penalty, but due to the high cost, thats just a minor detail.

What would need to be done, to make that happen? I would not change Ormus tbh. In Charles Season 6 - Calling to Improve Itemization thread we proposed, that ormus could roll 1-2 OS. So that would benefit A3 mercs as well already and if you havent one, a viper is an easy and very solid options (I found an eth viper perfectly fine here). Adding the 3 masteries would icrease the number of possible rolls. So makes it even harder to find you desiered piece.

So masteries needs to be added to the mercs portfolio. OK, so that is something Charles might mention in the OP. But still I think we should stick to this approach. The alternative would be to add +3 to the three main spells or adding -5 enemy res to each elemental. But that would not make that much of a difference. And not sure if that would be a problem for vengeance pallys or so?

1 Like