Petition for sockets recipe

I doubt anyone would use this considering rushing to act 5 hell socket quest takes as little as 2-3 hours to do and gives you 3 socket quests.

@Slomo4shO I’m not really understanding your line of questioning, as I already agreed an extra cube recipe would be good. I was just adding some context around balance and end-game.

The recipe of:

• Lem rune
  • Mal rune
  • pgem
  • item base

I think is a fair one under the circumstances. The probability of finding a 15% +3 4s GMB is in the 1 in 240,000,000 range in players 7 cows with 99% MF, where as a non-socketed/plain version of that is 18 times more frequent than that.

By contrast, the chance of finding a Zod rune is 1 in 1,120,000. Lem and Mal runes are 1 in 40,300 and 78,000 respectively.

So if you do find yourself 6x plain 15% +3 GMB and 6x Lem and 6x Mal runes, and cube yourself a 4 socket one, you’re still coming way out on top than having to get a 4 socket one drop.

The game is not just for ladder, but also for non-ladder and PvP. We shouldn’t diminish the strive for end-game gear just to accommodate for ladder, and even then, we’re talking about a difference between 0% ed vs 15% ed, which is not a game changing difference for ladder players. In practice, this difference only translates to a 2% to 4% DPS difference on the final weapon.

I’m well aware of variable rolls on items, that’s why I’m stocking up on Jah and Ohm runes for my next faith once I find my superior 4s +3 bow matri/GMB base.

BotD despite requiring a Zod is no where near on par with Faith in fire power. BotD crusader barely makes it in the top 5 of bows for multishot/strafe. You could make a 1/12 +1-3 GMB faith and it will still be better (and easier to find/make) than a perfect roll BotD crusader bow in a superior base.

And the Mist bow sadly falls short for how rare the runes (mainly Cham) are, but the base is not that hard to come by in comparison to Faith: just find a 15% shadow bow, 15% +3 matriarchal bow or GMB and Larzuk it.

This… is something I’ve voiced my concerns about separately, see the link below and read the list of dot points. The idea in summary: make good drops for magic and rares as well as crafting of good items more attainable and potentially best in slot.

I also wish casters had more end game gear options to strive for other than crafted caster ammys and +45 life skillers (which even then is small in comparison to melee classes) but I’d rather see melee/bowa item availability boosted first.

If that’s the case, then just trade for one :slight_smile: