Perhaps Maul should cleave and hit multiple targets

I think it would make sense if Maul could cleave 1 or 2 nearby targets next to the main target in a small arc, maybe with a damage penalty like 1/2 or 3/4 if needed.

The buffs to Werebear and Maul in 2.4 were nice changes but their exclusively single target damage makes battling large groups a bit of a slog.

Werewolves have access to Rabies and Fury which can damage multiple units at once (sort of for Fury), so I think it’d make sense for werebears to hit multiple targets with their large swiping claws to be a bit more competitive in that regard.

Maybe Fireclaw could cleave too since werewolves have the speed advantage with the 2.4 shifter IAS changes.

5 Likes

But why? Its already synergy to shock wave which is doing the same, range physical dmg attack.

Effect of cleave on maul would be basicly shock wave with smaller effect without stun but invisible missiles

2 Likes

Maul shockwave is very strong right now metamorphosis makes it even stronger.

Isn’t it because Shockwave is currently bugged?

Shockwave consists of your aoe and maul destroys single target. But yea this is all predicating on the fact that shockwave remains the way it is now. The “bug” was really well received by the community so i am wondering if blizzard is going to keep it the way it is currently.

1 Like

Because I want to actually attack stuff with a weapon rather than play what’s basically a caster? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t use Shockwave for damage for precisely that reason, I don’t play as a shapeshifter just to be another caster. :laughing: