People griefing people for gear

was playing a assasin in normal in act 2 cheeling and doing my things with people, someone turn on pvp and one shot me and stoled my stuff…

now i remember why i do not hardcord in public

2 Likes

D2 is the wild west and Hardcore is the real struggle in life.
Then again Hardcore is way more interesting than softcore where your positioning and bad decisions dont even matter much.
My advise is the moment you hear the hostile button port instantly to town.
If pker doesnt leave just create new game.
If he follows just create a private game.

2 Likes

And your complaint is?

That isnt griefing, its player killing, 100% allowed in the game. You had options to avoid, you did not.

2 Likes

Thats the right answer.

1 Like

PK can kill you in public only when you do mistakes.

d2 mimics real life, that’s why it’s the best game. anyone can go out and kill you and steal your watch. some people complain, but it’s their fault - go play private games with trustworthy folks. if somebody hostiles you, leave the game. you have control over your own situation, but instead people just want to complain and suggest obnoxious ideas as “pls remove hostile feature”; “pls automate the game even more”; “pls hardcode rules that everyone must obey”. d2 is the best game and we play it for 22 years because it has certain freedom and mimics real-life, as opposed to the modern automated restricted generic games.
d2 is like being in the jungle, the strongest or smartest specimen survives. there’s natural selection. in life we’re not equal.
d2 could even be used to study human psychology, a doctorate can be done on d2. it’s that good of a game.
so pls go play d3

they can only take the gear if you made them allowed to. so you trusted the wrong stranger. it happens in the early days of your experience on here

1 Like

Act2 normal? Lol. then you didn’t lose any noteworthy gear or time.

is this a joke

forced pvp has always been a very undesired function of D2. There originally were illusions of grandeur of having pvp in the game but it never came to fruition, yet they left the forced pvp option there … there si no pvp.

1 Like

Hunting others is fun, its good game has open pvp.

What made you allow randoms to pick your body?

You mean highly desired. There is a rather competitive pvp scene too you might look up on YouTube.

Blizzard’s own tips for encountering PKers:

Protect your game with a password
Only allow players to join the game that you trust. This is one of the best defenses against Player Killers (PKs).

Set Level Limits and Maximum Number of players
If you create an Open Game, when creating the game, set the Character Difference to a level really close to your level. That way no one can join the game that is significantly a higher level than your character. You can also limit the Maximum number of players, which prevents gangs of player killers from joining.

Check the players level when they join the game
Check the player’s level in the Party Screen when they join the game. The Party Screen is activated by ‘P’ on your keyboard. You will often see the join message before they finish loading.

Don’t give away your location
Also, the first words a player killer will often say is “Where are you?” or questions regarding your location. If you want to avoid conflict, don’t tell them. The realm of Diablo 2 is quite huge, and it’s quite possible they could search for hours before finding you.

Be Ready To Run
When playing in Public Games, keep a Town Portal Scroll ready or have your Town Portal Tome hotkeyed. Players cannot attack you in town, so use a Town Portal to escape to Town. You can also run back to a town entrance if you are close by, if you are caught without a Town Portal Scroll or Tome.

Play the Dungeon Door Game
Enter and leave a dungeon until the other player becomes bored and gives up. A test of will. This may not work against such skills that stay in the area such as Fire Wall, Blizzard, and so on.

Leave the Game
Once you have left the game, the player killer may also leave the game. Then you can rejoin the game you created because it will stay up for a little while without any players in the game.

Though I’m still confused how the hostile message and sound along with the delay the PKer has before they can use the WP isn’t enough time for people to realize they need to either use a TP or quit the game…shows how many people have tunnel vision and suck at driving or playing any moba game smh

No it doesnt. Unlike d2, a weaker person in real life can defend themselves with the right weapon. I support consensual pvp. Anything outside of that i consider greiffing.

2 Likes

Lure 50 monsters to someone’s tp when they are in town, to get good items back. Circle of life.

Like in cows!!!

20 characters … geez! Who is the total friggin idiot that came up with this cockamamie idea???

1 Like

D2 does not mimic real life. Killing people and stealing their stuff in the real world is not only highly immoral but it is a criminal act that can land you in prison or even get you the death sentence.

1 Like

Really?!?!?!?!

So, I should not emulate game life into real life?

So, by allowing people to randomly kill people just for what they have can have an adverse effect on the 13 and above crowd that p[lays this game? So, shouldn’t blizz be a little more proactive in protecting the easily influenced youth that play this game by disabling one-sided aggression thereby getting rid of PKing? I mean, after-all, the allowable age is 13 and they are still highly impressionable. I would hate to see blizz get sued for negligence due them brainwashing some kid into thinking that it is proper behaviour and as such emulating the game in real life.

Makes sense!