Penetrate should also give chance to cast amplify damage

Every hard point into Penetrate should give 1% chance to cast Amplify damage.

Amp damage is literally required for any physical amazon build. Especially spear zon is a big fail without it, Atmas isnt enough, and if you even find a Rare spear worth using by the miracle of god herself, it’s only going to have a max of 5% chance. And then you start wondering why you’re wasting your time and money when you can just run with an infinity spear and go lightning skills and still do as much physical damage because infinity rocks 40% crushing blow.

please make this change and
make amazons great again.
MAGA

I’ve been running my MS/GA L91 Zon for awhile now without a reliable AD source (merc has WWS, but it doesn’t proc enough), and while the PIs are a pain, I can still handle them without much issue:

1. Spawn a Decoy

2. Use the one-point wonder Magic Arrow

3. Profit

This works great when I run P3 Nihlathak, since he always seems to spawn (2) PIs - apes and sirens. Yes, it’s slower than I’d like, but it does work. And I don’t want to give up my Cat’s Eye.

i’ve done about 132 hours on my physical strafer and i agree. She gets the job done, she isnt under performing, but i dont feel competitive with the other classes unless i’ve procc’ed amp damage.

At 5% it’s a huge pain to proc AD, so sometimes it’s just better to go with a decrepify merc, which just isn’t fun because they tend to follow and as a Zon your playstyle is to scout forward, so you almost never get to take advantage of decrepify unless you stand afk for a few seconds every pack and let the merc take a few shots. It’s counterintuitive to our playstyle.

Having it inserted into penetrate would not be a freebee. 20 skill points is an expensive tradeoff.

Anytime you see a physical zon highlight reel, it’s generally unimpressive while being stacked with triple auras and amp damage with godly charms. If that much is needed to just perform a bit worse then a budget javazon, then a little change would be welcome, and i say start with Quality of Life and Fun by removing the reliance on a 5% chance to proc item.

You have a point. I don’t generally farm with my bowazon where PIs tend to spawn, except for Nihlathak; the combo of Nature’s Peace and a 24-bulley spray make quick work of the SOB.

Your idea does have merit. Before I switched from buriza/Atma’s to Mist, I was getting the AD proc fairly often.

i really want to find a good physical MIST setup. I’ve been playing with it and an exploding arrow + enchant build a bit, good fun.

I’ve got one with an A1 Cold merc using WWS, and a strong Valkyrie (24 and 23 Decoy). My life is less than 900 and I never come close to dying.

1 Like

That is a weird mechanic to introduce from a lore perspective that it would never happen.

I’d be happy if they just made penetrate more impactful than it is now. Perhaps double the attack rating value per skill point?