"Peace" runeword and Valkyrie spell interaction

Hey guys.

I want to make the “Peace” runeword in a 3 socket chest armor soon (have the runes now) but was wondering how the runeword and the skill Valkyrie interact with each other. I have tried researching on this but they were not very clear.

I currently am leveling a fendazon (lvl 56) who has lvl 20 Fend, lvl 20 Penetrate and now I am thinking of putting points into Valkyrie to max it and then maxing Decoy after. She also has the Lycander’s Flank (+2 zon skills/+2 jav & spear skills), a +2 jav & spear skills rare gloves and a “Lore” Circlet. So basically I have +7 to jav & spears skills and would like to add +2 more to make +9 by using the “Peace” runeword.

The confusion I have is that does the Valk summon from the “Peace” runeword overwrite the one that I summon from my skill? I have read somewhere online that the proc one replaces the perm one and despawns the perm one that I have the skill for so I can’t have 2 of them up at the same time (my Valk is at lvl 11 atm and the proc one is lvl 15). I have also read that there’s something buggy with the runeword like the Valk from the proc isn’t permanent and despawns after a random amount of time and in other instances as well like changing acts, waypoints, portals, proccing again in a short time, etc. I would like some clarification on how both of these interact with each other in D2R as of now if anyone knows about it.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Few things I forgot to add. I just got a holy freeze act 2 merc in act 2 NM to replace the cold arrow rogue I had from back in act 1 normal. I have Boneflesh, Undead Crown and The Tannr Gorerod for him for now. I don’t have the high runes yet since my highest char is the lvl 56 amazon and just started Act 1 Hell last night. Also I am open to any suggestion for upgrades for anything I am using currently or if you guys need any more details then let me know.

If you don’t have any actual points in Valkyrie, then the one that procs from Peace will despawn pretty quickly. If you have points in it, it should stay up the normal amount of time for a level 15 Valk. (Any other despawn stuff you see would likely be just as buggy with a cast Valk.)

If you have a higher level Valk the Peace proc one will overwrite it. So, if you plan to go with a higher level Valk, you’ll want to use a different armor. In general, if you are using Peace, the best option is to invest one point in Valkyrie to keep it from despawning shortly after the proc. Otherwise, you’ll be regularly recasting your higher level Valk when Peace overwrites it.

Ahh ok. Thank you for clarifying it. Doesn’t Valk skill itself doesn’t have a duration so it stays up permanently until it dies? Or does the Amazon Valk skill stays permanent and goes away when it dies but the Valk proc on Peace has a duration on how long it can be up? Also, I have 11 points in Valk but I think that’s after +skills, base skill level is at 8 so I have only put 8 pts into it for now. So once I wear the Peace runeword armor, it would become 13 but that should be still fine I think, right? Unless I get more + skills then it might be a problem.
I just got into hell difficulty act 1 but I am only lvl 56 so I am going to back to NM and level up some there since my resists are not going to hold up at all in hell lol. And +skills don’t drop that much or at all in NM I think compared to Hell so I should be fine until then… And probably by then I would have gotten a better armor than the Peace runeword armor. I wish the proc would’ve been an additional minion instead of replacing my current skill Valk. Oh well.

I honestly hate that it overwrites your higher level valk. it makes the chest piece useless for any valk. specced amazons. it should just summon a second lvl 15 temporarily if you have more than 15 points in there. I feel like it’s a bug, but I don’t hold any hopes it will change,

1 Like

Yeah it would be nice if it would only spawn a new Valk if you didn’t already have one. So you could have your higher level Valk summoned and it wouldn’t overwrite it. Ideally it would only summon the level 15 one if it procced after your higher level one died.

Yeah, I guess I will hold off on making it for now. I just got a damaged Sharktooth Armor (I love the look of it) and I used the cube recipe to upgrade it to a normal quality and then used the cube recipe to add sockets and got 3 sockets :slightly_smiling_face:.
So I now will make Treachery runeword instead. I think that will be much more useful for me at this point now for my zon and she is lvl 61 now so lvl requirement won’t be an issue for her. Only problem is I can’t give to my other chars yet since they are not level 43 yet. But then again, the Peace runeword won’t be of much use for other classes as well even if it’s lower lvl requirement of 29. So Treachery runeword is going to be useful for all of my classes, especially my assassin once she is lvl 43 (she is lvl 30 something now). And most of the classes’ builds I am going for are melee or are physical dmg builds so it will much more useful to them as well.

Pretty good for a merc too. The attack speed is a nice bump to his damage and by extension his healing (assuming he has some life leach), and the Fade proc helps cap his resistances.

Oh yes, just noticed lol. Definitely useful for mercs but I don’t think they will ever get their turn on my chars heh. All my chars will be using them first to level until they get something better lol.

Sorry is it was alredy answer but in short therms : If you have no points its not very good as it lasts for a short time. However if you have any point in it it will last until death, which can be really good because you can put one point in it and gain a level 15 valk until death. What i dont know and i would like an anwer as well is if the valk get any point boosts. Like if you have a torch lets say, does that level 15 valk spawn as 18?