Patch 2.7 expectations

all D2R needs is patch 2.4 + reworked, balanced TZs. NOTHING else.
maybe stash tabs/character slots for $$ like $10 or $15 per.

TZs need to be alternative to “old” way to farm 99s. OR if we want to keep current TZ rewards (loot/exp) we should at least make it hard to farm not a joke like they are now.

But I’ve lost my faith in Diablo team. Where are all those people who were making good games, not a community feedback flower power bullKEK

2 Likes

ladder 4 patch notes in a few days hopefully get some good news in store

A shame they do not even want feedback prior to patch release. No real testing, nothing.

1 Like

Personal hope is that they don’t make it worse again.
Personal expectation is that they’ll make it worse again.

Each patch the game becomes easier, each patch it’s pulled into the modern everyone’s a winner mentality.

2 Likes

You mean the old Condor guys? Or the guy that left to make Guild Wars?

Do you honestly think we’re going to get a surprise rework of NHD in 2.7? Really?

Nevermind that people want NHD reworked so that’s actually a welcome item to change. But the odds are so heavily stacked against that happening in 2.7.

Yeah I think that’s an admirable goal. It has slowly been getting better with their changes. I know purists hate it but I always hated that OG fist of heaven and martial arts was rather poo. I like that those are viable now.

I agree with you on Bowzon and Bone Necro. Bone spirit is still basically a dead skill in PvE (idk anything about PvP) It would be cool if bone spirit hit a target and then launched other non multiplying bone spirits at other enemies or something like stronger teeth or bone spears when they hit. I know that may seem a bit too similar to fist or lightning fury but I just think that it needs something to be worth taking and using. Maybe it hits and procs corpse explosions within a radius of 15 or something. Maybe it shoots out spirits that create strong and fast revives from corpses around it (unrelated to summon tree, so same power level as the monsters themselves were upon death) that last maybe a short amount of time10-15 seconds or something (idk, could be thematic having the bone spirit possess the corpses of enemies around the target.) Then have the revives corpse explode on death in a small radius. Just spitballing here.

Poison explosion/dagger could use help as well. Could make poison less reliant on one of the rarest items in the game as well.

Basically any build that requires stacking skillers to feel as good as a new hammerdin/frost sorc I think needs to be looked at. I don’t personally care if they become suddenly god tier since we’ve had got tier season starters since time began and all they make me do is wish worse builds were better.

I like that too, but Martial arts Sin is a joke. The entire branch is still mediocre at best. And then you get 1 rune, and it becomes S-tier. That is insane and NOT what Diablo2 is about. It is about progression over time. Not like D3 where you get +10,000% damage.

Also, the entire skill changes with that that runeword. And not only that, you need that item, and you need 2 of them. There is no alternative. NONE.

4 Likes

NHD changes already confirmed for 2.7 :eyes::rofl:

No idea. Where is this patch 2.7 info?

1 Like

Nothing like another caster buff, melee nerf ehh?

Well since PezRadar is probably too busy walking his dog to let anyone know… gotta go ask one of the streamers that interns leak info to.

1 Like

Still pissed about official forums not getting updates first. I don’t watch dumb streams.

1 Like

Imagine a viable Poison Dagger build. Melee necromancer would be so much fun. The 30 second timer on the damage is just ridiculous. Every other character is 6 screens away at that point while you’re waiting for your poison damage to finish up.

I step away from these forums for two weeks and they did what. (Not complaining.) Got a link?

Please don’t do this. Please just don’t. :joy:

Your foutlrth bullet point is outrageous. There’s no way in hell they’d devote that much time, money, and telent to a classic. It’s a pipe dream

1 Like

They announced the next season to start on May the 4th (be with you :wink: ).
Some youtubers have claimed to have had a sneak peak at the patch notes (and shared them), but we are waiting for the official patch notes any day, now.

1 Like

Yeah Id agree with that and thats kind of what I was getting at with my necro comments where poison nova is really only viable with the handful of reduce poison resist pieces and a bunch of skillers cause it’s hard outside of that to increase its damage. I would agree that skills shouldn’t only become endgame viable through runewords you have to grind out.

A lot of these builds feel fun when you hit level 30 and then really start chugging into hell until you get the pieces that enable them. Meanwhile Sorc, Pally, Javazon just breeze their way through.

I think maybe the charges being used up outside of double mosaic should be looked at and maybe tweak finishers so you’re not rapid kicking and dropping 37000 meteors or whatever charge you use every second. Load some of that power back into the talents instead of “you either have mosaic or you don’t”.

Poison necro maybe let your novas stack a bit at least on act bosses and then give poison dagger a use where you can shank them and pop the stacked up poison damage? That’d probably help them with high HP bosses since that’s what poison necro is the worst at.

Idk there’s possibilities out there and I’d agree the talents need to be tweaked vs bandaid runewords fixing things.

Again No Stacking = no interest

Not gonna play this Diablo Tetris again !