OK, I give up, moving on to something else

Well, you beat me Blizzard. I have been trying to play this game for 2 months now. It went from bad to ok to worse to actually good for a few days to completely unplayable for the last 7 days.

-Rubberbanding
-Crashing within seconds (at least it used to be several minutes)
-Character dying with no explanation and losing gold and items in the process
-Having to try 10 or 15 times to defeat a small section of the game or find a save point due to crashes
-Degraded resolution and stuttering often when the game is somewhat playable
-Basic fixes not working (and yes, my PC meets/exceeds specs for the game) and having to try expert level IT fixes is not in my skillset (nor should I have to for a game I purchased).

It has become a job to try to play this game that I once absolutely loved. I am sad about it, but I don’t need the frustration during the time when I am trying to wind down from the things that are supposed to be hard in life.

Just so disappointed.

9 Likes

can I have your stuff?

Sounds like your pc barely makes the grade and its ON YOU to make sure your pc is up to snuff and is taken care of (not blizzard). You should look into fixing your pc before you give up on a great game that by all accounts works fine for the majority of players, even with the queue system in place. A pc is an investment that you have to nurture and care for (cleaning, software updates/fixes, drivers, etc.). If you have a pet and don’t care for it, do you blame the pet shop that sold it to you if it dies?

6 Likes

You must be really wall hugging to get this to an extent that it makes your gameplay uncomfortable. I rubberband once a week, if that, because I failed to circumnavigate a wall.

Haven’t crashed in 3 weeks… along with most of my clan.

There’s an explanation… You’re probably just not being attentive enough.

Pardon?

Again, pardon?

Your mileage may vary. The fixes they’ve implemented are working perfectly fine for me and most folks.

It’s understandable that you’re frustrated with whatever may be taking place and you should indeed do whatever you feel necessary to make sure you’re not wasting your time and becoming further upset. Maybe come back in a few months, see where the game is at.

1 Like

I feel your pain. “Expert level IT fixes” are my professional skillset, and when I’m off the clock I don’t want to do even more of it just to play a 20yo game. Especially when games with much higher spec requirements will run flawlessly at maxed settings on my rig, while also multitasking multiple other apps on the other monitor.

I don’t understand why people refuse to admit that BlizzardVision’s software is the issue. People get so invested in the “game” aspect that they seem to downplay that it’s still just a piece of software like any other. Love the game all you like, but the software is :poop:.

5 Likes

It’s less the adaption of the game that is the issue and the fact that they’re working with what amounts to ancient technology and code. D2LOD is a spaghettified mess and was considered as such even back in the day - never mind the design of Battle.net 1.0.

“Working with what you’ve got” is never easy. Modders had to go through hoops, hells over, to get to where we’re at with the D2 modding community. We would’ve had a much easier time if Blizzard South provided North with more funding to make the game more logically sound - and by extension, would’ve made D2R much more accessible and easier to work with for Vicarious Visions.

Also, seen this on Twitter, server downtime tomorrow between 8am-11am PST. More than likely, patch 2.3 is going live. Should be lots of fixes with this patch. Figure another week or two for PTR. Should be interesting reading the patch notes from work. Play a bit tomorrow, but probably still end up taking a 2-3 week break myself.

1 Like

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! Make it hapn capn

1 Like

I had a pretty good day today, almost contemplating pushing Endwalker until next year again, lol. Ber rune first run of the day in Chaos, Doombringer in the Pits before lunch, rushed my dad through Hell and his Hellforge was a Gul (my highest has been a Mal so far), and also got him a Tal Armor on the way to Izzy.

1 Like

Whhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I’ve been trying my damnedest to find one for so long!

Ennnnnnnnnd meeeeeeeeee

1 Like

LOL. When I find another Lightsabre, or build a new runeword, may respec my Double Swing Barb to Swords for it.

no reason for them to hurry on any fixes. Minimal dev team

1. favorable reviews keeps people buying the title.
  2. they already have your money, and most ppl who dont like it, don’t know how to get refunds out of blizzard - Expect this forever.

To be fair, if you play a frenzy barb and are zooming around the map (coz it’s damn fun to be a Ferrari), this happens very often. The server update rate just doesn’t seem to handle very fast non-teleporting characters well.

2 Likes

Sounds like your set up, I don’t have any of these issues…

no its like this even with some of the top end PCS and such fan boys / white knights will claim otherwise but there are multible reviews talking about the poor quality / performance issues this game has for many people.

FAVORABLE ? LOLZ WHERE? this game has got trash reviews by many just check out metacritic and such.

whats do you play and whats your MF if you don’t mind?

later.

20 character limit.

I have an overqualified PC and stable 600+ mbps internet, game still crashes, rubberbanding every once and a while, quite often monsters are not were the game says they are.
No resolution issues here and play 4k, but other than that the game has many issues.
Like server down atm.
The crap is on their end.

I suffer from tele lag/stuttering pretty often. My pc is well over the requirements but my internet connection leaves a lot to be desired. I always assumed that was my issue.

• I do not rubberband. This is a network issue typically; wireless connections, other users, hardware and drivers may be at fault.
  • Crashing has got better. I do not crash often like I did 2 weeks ago.
  • I have never died without knowing what happened.
  • You can always have someone give you waypoints. If you are struggling to kill monsters then you need to rethink your build / farming tactics.
  • This is one of the smoothest games that I own. No stutters or resolution problems. Even looks great in 60Hz.

my specs
CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600 Matisse (Zen 2)
6-Core 3.6 GHz (4.2 GHz Max Boost)
CPU Cooler: MSI Core Frozr L
Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON MAX WIFI
240Gb PNY SSD for OS: Win10 64-bit
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 GAMING Z 6GB
Syst memory: 16Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz (A-XMP)
Storage: 1TB Crucial SSD, 1TB WD Black
Power: Corsair CX750
Case: NZXT H510 Tempered Glass
Monitor: MSI Optix G24C 144Hz
Speakers: Logitech Z313
Headphones: Steelseries Arctis 3
Mic: FIFINE Studio Condenser USB Microphone
Keyboard: Logitech K800 Illuminated
Mouse: Logitech G203 RGB 8,000 DPI
WebCam: Logitech C920S 1080p 30fps
USB XBOX 360 Controller
Internet: Unlimited AT&T U-verse