Offline Runeword Base Changes

Hello there! I cannot seem to find a straight answer on this. It sounds like the new Runewords will not be coming to Non-Ladder OR Single-Player when 2.4 hits, which is understandable. But what about the Runeword base changes? For example, ever since I found out Infinity Spearzon is going to be a build, I have been saving up all of my mid-high runes on my Single-Player Characters. Will I be able to build an Infinity Matriarchal Spear on day 1 of 2.4, or will I have to wait until Ladder S1 ends? I am fine either way, I just want to know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey! I’m not sure either, but here are a couple of ways you could test it when 2.4 hits without losing all your runes.

The first test would be to make an Insight runeword in a bow. If that works. Infinity in an Amazon spear ‘should’ work as well.

The second test (just to be safe) would be:

• Put the item base and runes on one of your characters.
  • Copy this character’s save file and save it in a location other than the ‘D2R Character Save’ location.
  • Craft your runeword.
  • If it does not work, simply replace your now current D2R save file with the one you copied earlier. This should still have your item base and unsocketed runes on it.

Also, it doesn’t hurt to keep backup copies of your Single Player character save files in other locations (USB, or another computer for example) just to be safe. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Very good ideas! Thank you! I do play single-player on Switch, though, so I’ll have to see if I can still do the save file backup method! But today I did find a 4os Hydra Bow and kept it to try Insight later, or if I am super paranoid, I have a 5os Mancatcher to try Obedience to confirm! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

You’re very welcome. Sorry I don’t know anything about the Switch, but after successfully making an Insight bow or Obedience spear I would be shocked if Infinity did not work.