Offline Character - Items Not Restored After Death

This instance is for an Offline Character on the Nintendo Switch Console

My guess is that I’m out of luck but in the off chance there’s a way to recover my lost items I thought I’d create a ticket.

I solely play offline and over the last year of farming LK & Travincal I was finally able to create my first solo-found Enigma. Over the last few weeks I farmed up the Ubers keys in an effort get my first torch.

I accumulated all the required keys, got my Smiter geared up, and started to battle the mini Ubers. Equipped I had Grief, Spirit Shield and secondary was Wizard Pike & Spirit Shield. I equipped Enigma to locate each mini-Uber. Once found I swapped Enigma for Duress and Wizard Pike with a Life Tap wand.

Duriel & Izual were no problem and then I got stuck in a death loop with Lilith. Ultimately I was not able to get back to my initial body and had to quit. Upon loading the game and selecting my body the items I had equipped when I died loaded properly but my Enigma & Wizard Pike which were in my inventory were replaced with the health and mana potions that were equipped in my belt when I died.

Again, I assume that those items are forever lost and I start the year long grind for Enigma but I thought I’d ask if there was any way to recover those items for an offline character.

Thanks!

This usually only happens if you equip extra items between deaths. If that’s what you did, there’s no way to recover them.

In fact, I don’t believe there’s any way to recover them on switch anyway, since you couldn’t have backed up your save file there.

Sorry for your loss, my d2 friend.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.