[NL, SC] - How to further improve my sorc?

Hi,

I use a Blizz/FWall sorc and it is already pretty strong for P1. Right now I have HotO, Vipermagi (non socketed), Shako, Spirit shield, SoJ, BK, String of Ears (for dmg reduction), rare all res/mf boot, mid anni, druid torch (yeah, lol, could not get any Sorc one yet). My resistances are alresdy 75, hp 1450, mana 730.

Do you think I should:

1. Create a CoH armor for the skill/resistane and swap all my resistance charms to life/mana ones (I have no skillers, unfortunately)?
  2. Create CtA (for this I need to trade one of my Jah or Ber to get an Ohm).
  3. Try to trade for an Ormus?
  4. Try to get a cheap Sorc torch because the +3 all skills worth that much more over anything else?
  5. For P1 just leave it alone and experiment more with other builds (potentially the fire elementalist druid that I have)?
  6. Try to find others to play with so I can see where the character with my playstyle lacks on higher difficulties?

I am not rich by any means, I just recently managed to get a Jah and Ber, but I dont really know what to do with it (let’s avoid funny comments like “just give them to me” :smiley: ). I usually farm around in Cows, Countess, Arachnids, Tunnels, ASanc, Chaos and WSK.
My Amazon is already strong with lit/psn/phys, so she does not really need Infinity and also has similarly high resistances and life.
I really would like to play with the druid, but the fire skills are still a bit annoying when they miss, however if my choice is on the druid then he definitely needs an Enigma.

What do you think?

Well if you got a jah and a ber why dont use that jah to try to get another ber and go all the way to infinity

Btw how have you split skill points between blizzard and firewall ?

Well, in the past days I managed to sell a few things so now I have a 6/4/4 CtA.

Skill-wise, max Blizzard, max Ice Ball, and around 7-8 pts on CMastery. Without the CtA buff CM has -100% all res with the +skills from my gear. Blizzard has 2.3k-2.5k dmg by default and with CtA its around 2.8k-3k. FWall is maxed and Warmth/FMastery is equally high, so now FWall does about 15k dmg.

For P1 I think this Sorc is already way too powerful, even though I am not a very skilled player, but more like a casual one.
For the Druid and the Javazon to be on par with the clear speed of this Sorc I think the only option is an Enigma, otherwise their movement speed will be way below the teleporting ability of the Sorc.

A Sorc torch can also be an option as the +3 skills is again a quite big dmg boost, but it would mean I cant upgrade other characters and maybe it is just not reasonable to buff the Sorc more in P1.

If you are positive that you are not going to join public games then dont invest more in this char … But it is always fun to join mfing to some other player in a public game, you never know.

My sorc is also blizzard / firewall, I would recommend making blizzard the dominant spell, fire inmunes are more common in hell specially in key areas. Travincal, chaos sanctuary, baal throne … In my experience has worked better for me, allows me to kill nicely with some players on game without godly gear.

My skill placement is max blizzard, max ice blast, 19 on ice bolt, 1 base cold mastery (like 19 or so with gear). No static field, max firewall, 5 fire mastery rest warmth (like 13 or so), what allows me to not use insight on merc but reapers toll for slowing mobs even more for firewall along with freeze aura. With that my blizz dmg is 5200 , fwall 11k. In my case I use the full tal set 1 soj and 2 cold skillers for now, but i got a sorc torch (anni also)

Your gear is even better, with a torch you will surpass that

1 Like

Well, I dont have any skillers yet and right now my merc has Duress and Obedience in eth CA. I only have a non-eth Reapers, but I use it for my Fire Dudu as the physical part of the spells hit even bigger when Reapers procs.

I think there are only 2 parts of the game where my Sorc has issues: Nihlathak and Ubers. I have not tried Nihi with Stormshield and Strings to reduce the occasional damage by a huge margin and Ubers are typically designed for anything but not - standard - Sorcs due to Sorcs already being op for the other parts of the game.

Thanks for your insights!

1 Like