Nintendo Switch - weapon swap skill bug with "item charges"

on the Nintendo Switch.

When I bind a skill that is a “Weapon Charge”, for example, teleport. I have a staff of teleport on my weapon switch. I binded the skill teleport to my Y button and it works fine. But after I close the game and open it again, my binded skill becomes disabled (red) and I can’t use it. However, if I manually rebind the “weapon charge” skill again, it will work again. I have to do this every single time. It’s very annoying and needs to be fixed.

4 Likes

I found a potential workaround for this. I have a Leaf staff as my primary weapon and a wand with Lower Resist charges on my alternate weapon set. If I have Leaf equipped as I exit the game, the Lower Resist button assignment will never work when I enter another game, and I’ll have to reassign the skill before I can use it again.

However, if I have the wand equipped as I exit the game, then the Lower Resist assignment will persist into the next game. In other words, when you exit a game, as long as the items providing skill charges are active and those skills could potentially be used, button assignments will still work.

This bug occurs regardless of whether or not you choose to have different keybindings for the two weapon sets in the Options menu. I’ve tried both, and buttons assigned to skills with skill charges will stop working after entering another game unless those skills are on active items.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yep I have to do this too I have to reassign the skill to the button it was on every game i thank it was like this on PC also back in the day and Maybe today

thanks for the workaround. It seems like it is feasible to fix if this is the case…

I definitely had a call to arms switch on my classic D2 sorc that i only activated to use, and didn’t have to rebind every game then, so I think this is new to D2R. I’ve heard from some Switch players who don’t seem to be affected by this issue though, so maybe I was one of the lucky ones on classic but am affected here in D2R.

EDIT: Ok, on second thought, CTA doesn’t use charges for the warcries, so the fact that its binds work across games isn’t relevant to the skill charge weapons not working.

1 Like

This is still an issue, on the switch but also on pc with a controller.

2 Likes

Yea, I still can’t use any charges either. I tried what others have said and nothing’s working.

1 Like

Weapon swap glitch is still a big problem got a cta now just cant use itthis is trash

1 Like