New skill "master summoner"

So, after some thought I’ve consolidated a few ideas and added a little twist for a new skill. How about a skill that requires 60 points into summoning and can be picked for 1 point as a new passive? No scaling to it, just a 1 point unlockable that then does the following

once unlocked your summons receive the following changes:
ravens now do physical and lightning damage and are now able to receive “auras”
spirit wolves do cold and physical damage and are able to receive auras
dire wolves can do physical and poison damage as well as can now have 5 and still
receive auras
Bear does physical and fire damage and has crushing blow (replaces knockback) and can have 2nd or 3rd bear (still has auras)

also, maybe could add a button that can be clicked or mapped to be able to guide your pets. Like a pet attack button to have them all attack one specific target. I think this would address a lot of things in one solution. Something to think about…

This won’t happen. Basically asking them to program in a new mechanic (a skill that doesn’t benefit from +skills and also has a required # of points in a tree).

Wolves, Dire Wolves, and Bears already benefit from auras. I could see allowing ravens to benefit from auras, but I imagine the game treats them more like long running spells than summons.

Pet attack sounds neat and I think it should be in the game for sure. Clearly we can already do this with Raven.

Summon builds always suffer from 2 things, a lack of splash damage = poor clear speeds. Collision with one another = poor single target speeds (unless you have enigma to teleport them all on top of each other). Since you can always use enigma to circumvent the weird collision design choices, I think collision should be removed. Then add pet attack and some form of splash damage on the summons and we’re golden.

1 Like

I like it … As a Summon Druid IM trying to figure a way to get the most outta mine but not enough skills points. IM using an Edge Bow and Spirit of Barbs with a MIght Merc using INsight… I also plan on Maxxing Cyclone armor and Hurricane…

As of now and Im only lvl 45 in NM act3 - I have 10 in SOB, 3 in both wolfs, ,5 in Ravens, 8 in Grizzley, and like 5 in Cyclone and 5 in Hurricane.

Its doing OK in NM but IM guessing Ill be respeccing once I hit Hell…

Is there any Druid build that can use SOBarbs in the endgame ??

1 Like

spirit of barbs is terrible and a waste of points right now. it is like a watered down drink. its not as good as a pally thorn aura and is basically pointless.