New Runewords Courtesy of Qual-Kehk!

“Thank you for rescuing my men. They have spoken well of your bravery in battle. Perhaps there is hope for us after all.” Qual-Kehk reflects after his soldier’s return from demonic prison camps. He then rewards our hero with a Ral, an Ort, and a Tal, to make the Ancient’s Pledge.

Now the Ancient’s Pledge may be good for a Normal playthrough, but as far as Nightmare and Hell are concerned, this runeword is a pretty mediocre piece of gear. So why not create two new runewords - one for each difficulty - that Qual-Kehk can encourage us to make? This would make his quest more rewarding in later difficulties while also giving us new gear to mess around with. To stay in theme, they could be called the “Ancient’s Pact,” or perhaps the “Ancient’s Promise,” hell the “Ancient’s Prostate” might work. The name’s not that important, the real important part is what they do, what runes they’re made with, and in what item. Keep in mind we can’t have Ol’ Qually-Kehk of the Kehk boys passing out Zods and Jahs like it’s Halloween, but perhaps he can pass out a Hel rune in Hell difficulty? The ability to un-socket would serve as a foil to Larzuk’s socket quest.

Anyway, if you have any ideas on what these runewords might look like or do, feel free to spit ball them in the comments. Thanks for reading!

4 Likes

Qual-Kehk in nm gives:

Amn + Sol + Shale
in 3 os helm

50 Magic Find
150 Gold find
20% Faster Hit Recovery
-7 Damage Taken
Attacker takes 14 damage

good early mf helm before the 3PTopaz helm?? idk seems legit.

3 Likes

Maybe Nightmare could give the runes for Spirit Shield, and Hell could give you the runes for Splendor*** or something

Edit: Not phoenix!

2 Likes

na just make usable but crap runewords from low runes

like in hell he could give you
Dol Hel Io

in a 3os armor

+10 All res
+10% DR
+200% Def.
+7 Replenish Life
+10 Vitality
-15% Requirements

as some kind of carp starter merc armor?

1 Like

"Ancient’s Patron"
Shael+Hel+Dol - 3 socket helm
Level 1 Cleansing Aura when Equipped
+1 to Increased Speed
+100% Enhanced Defense
+5% Life Steal
+5 to 15% All Resistance
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+7 Replenish Life
-15% Requirements

A pretty solid little helmet, even in Hell. Not on the level of Andariel’s Visage or a Vampire’s Gaze, but it’s got some utility; the Cleansing Aura helps with the curses and poison damage found in the Throne Room, while Increased Speed keeps one steadfast in their resolve to kill Baal. The Life Steal and Resistances are almost required for a good mercenary helm, while the 20% FHR, 7 Life Replenish, and -15% requirements, come from the runes used.

1 Like

My take on this:

Normal: Ral + Ort +Tal (ancient’s pledge)
NM: Tal + Thul + Ort + Amn (spirit)
Hell: Ko + Ko + Mal (splendor)

I don’t think anyone would run all the way to hell just to farm Mal runes, so I think the idea of making them untradeable can be forgotten.

When combined with the Hellforge and Socket Quests I’d be burning through the game to farm those Mal runes. I’d get some of the best in slot gear for a Sorceress to level up with and just burn through the game using Nova, Static Field, and a good Mercenary.

Would that be a bad thing? I’m not sure but it’s probably better than farming Pindleskin until the servers crash.

Isn’t that Sanctuary?

How about on hell he gives us a lem and a ko rune

1 Like

reading previous comments I’ll don’t be surprised if someone come and ask for Vex Ohm Lo regarding Qual Khek hell quest rewards

This thread gave me this idea. Let’s assume that each difficulty gives you different 3-rune runewords.
What if, if you equip them all you get bonuses like Set bonuses.

I mean wouldn’t be a good idea to have Set Items, but with runewords. If you make specific runewords and equip them all you get extra bonuses and in order to “complete the set” you need to make all of them and get something extra?

I do not know if it makes sense.

It does not, those are set items, not runewords.

Erhm well does it hurt when you pee?

Don’t like making the game easier and this will do that, but there is at least some logic in this.

Nightmare
Ancient’s Heart (body armor) - Hel Lum Io Dol
-15-25% Requirements
+10-20 Energy
+10-20 Vitality
+15-25 Replenish Life
Regenerate Mana 15-25%
20-30% Faster Run/Walk
All Resistance +15-20%

Hell
Ancient’s Soul (helm) - Pul Shael El

• 1 to all skills
  • 150-200% Enhanced Defense
    20-30% Faster Hit Recovery
  • 5 to Light Radius
  • 75 Defense
    20-30 Faster Run/Walk
    All Resistance +10-15%

Well I bet they would, you do a group rush to the forge, then just kill doctor D, next act 1 quest and free Mal or 2 quests and free Mal+free socket.

Game to hadr neet bester runes item.
Ancient’s Taboo (weapon) - Vex Ohm Lo
+3 to All Skills
+40% Faster Cast Rate
60% increased attack speed
Damage 340-400
All enemies are fully sundered (every resistance reduced to 95%).
Level 25 Conviction Aura when Equipped
Level 25 Salvation Aura when Equipped
Level 25 Fanaticism Aura when Equipped
100% chance to cast level 20 Amplify Damage on striking

• 1 Teleport

Might need a buff though.

2 Likes

Well if they implement ur idea, cause it does seem valid. Altho its a repeated quest, and u don’t want to overlap this quest with hellforge by giving urself a better rune per difficulty or at least not better then forge.

NM: Dol,Shael,Sol? Possibly a melee armor here, similar to prudence + twitchroe hybrid?
H: 3x Hel? Not creative, but fitting.

1 Like

:grimacing:

Listen bud, if that one went over your head, I’m sorry but your sense of humour is as functional as an old man’s prostate gland.