New item and a Fresh ladderboard won’t help to prevent quick Repetition boredom. If there is no new activities to do, ladders flat fast. The game needs news Additional content oriented ladders/event/activities

The problem is that you dont know what these 3% want exactly. I have seen some purists asking for bigger stash. I mean at which point is change too much for purist. Then you could make new split server for ultra purists also.

1 Like

There isn’t an endgame to D2. The games very much the same once you reach 30 plus. Norm, nm and hell. People like that. Many different level groups can kill much higher people if you time it well etc., I play classic where the playing field is like this.

Hardcore is just thing people do when bored. Like a side-game really. But my talk wasn’t about HC or SC. PvP is mostly the fun of the game. But as you know PVP in HC doesn’t exist as a normal course of play.

1 Like

No it doesn’t. PVP is not a consideration. This is, and always has been a PVM game. Go play some deathmatch game if you want PVP.

2 Likes

hey Rasa, i don’t know if youre trolling or actually believe your comment. When you play online with others and have the ability to pvp at lvl 9… PVP is a HUGE element of the game. And in the case of D2-- it is common sense. It’s more along the lines of 50/50. Conflict arises, fun is wanted etc., we battle

Either pvm/pvp OR both at the same time. it’s a mesh of all these things. If you don’t wanna u don’t have to, but it’s realistic in the sense people can come GET U if they want to.

1 Like

I dont care how picky they are toward changes

If you have a choice between you between Change and no change, make a choice and shut your mouth, dont start picking those you personally want and those you dont, you either embrace the change package or stay vanilla

Pvp importance is hugely overblown because its mostly done by purists and purists are known to be anoyingly loud minority

You’re wrong Sek.

Sorry.

Don’t do it if you don’t like but it’s half the game.

1 Like

Exactly, and that’s one of the things that needs to be removed from the game entirely. If people want pvp, they can go play something else. PVP needs to be destroyed.

2 Likes

That’s the fun of hc pvp. You allow others to take from your dead body. Victor gets to keep all the gear.

The stakes don’t get any higher than that. Like pink slips with racing.

1 Like

Your opinion is irrelevant. I’m sorry you keep losing in pvp and it makes you angry.

3 Likes

Thats not fun at all as you lose all your charms. I want to enjoy pvp without being forced to play softcore and investing hundreds of hours there.

1 Like

Actually, I never pvp… I don’t want to and don’t intend to ever. Stop projecting your worthlessness onto others. PVP is cancer, and should be either consent based (I know, asking is against your beliefs), or removed entirely.

Going hostile is just griefing made up to look legit. It’s still griefing and anyone that says otherwise is a scumbag.

1 Like

Pvp has been in D2 since the start. So stop.

D2 is grinding items, levels and Pvp. About all there is to do! And it’s fun. You want to remove one of the 3!?

2 Likes

Who said I was talking about pvping others who don’t want to? I never do that.

I’m fine with making it so hostility needs to be agreed by both parties. I only pvp in duel rooms anyways. There’s no enjoyment in pking someone who doesn’t want to lol.

1 Like

That’s fine if it’s done. Been same since 2001 I believe. If you decide to play an open game it’s possible and realistic that someone can come “get you”.

It doesn’t happen often but if it does… so what? They first have to find you. It’s easy to avoid it. It’s part of the game. If you don’t want it to happen at all then make your games differently. Again, it doesnt happen that often.

D2 is grinding gear, levels and PVP. That’s what we do.

1 Like

Then that’s something we both agree on. If people want handshake pvp, then go nuts. However, most of the time it’s the people who go into games to grief people by pking them or just going hostile and clearing the game. If it wasn’t for these people some of us wouldn’t have such a hatred for it in game.

1 Like

Until they give us the option to prevent hostile in the games we create, we don’t get to play public games. Not really great for the social aspect of the game.

2 Likes

I’ve played for 20 years and I can tell you that rarely happens. People that want to pvp are in duel rooms.

2 Likes

Not true. You can play in every public game you join. Will you someone hostile you? Maybe, but unlikely. If they do? So what. Avoid them or leave. In a typical session of Diablo 2 I would make or join maybe 40 games or so? It’s a lot.

I do agree if you make your own game you should be able to say Pvp or not. Because that affects basically no one but you and people who want to join it. The same as a private game or single player.

1 Like

And I’ve seen it happen multiple times in D2R… so your experience isn’t in line with what I’m seeing currently. Perhaps there are just more a$$hats playing now?

1 Like

please give me the source code so that I can build a neat pvp Arena :stuck_out_tongue:

but seriously, there’s already currently existing pvp mechanics to build from. All it would take is a new map and a few settings tweaks to allow more people into the room, remove death penalties and give XP rewards.

not even just for end game, but for an every-day change of scenery.

best part about building a pvp game is how you don’t need to build complicated AI that would be more challenging to defeat then a human brain.

like Pong is PVP you know?
only need to make a ball bounce

not saying it hard to make a new foe in diablo… just copy paste and change some values. but to get the level of “what’s going to happen next” hard to beat a person behind the wheel still.

the co-op side of multiplayer is not the same as pvp combat. But the two can work in tandem with the same game mechanics that currently exist in the game.

i’m thinking more of an arena setting rather then killing people while they hunt stuff lol

1 Like