Necro need buff

Dear devs
The necromancer class needs a change read it important
1)Summoner
Need a skill to force atk a mob/boss
Buf skele mages they are useless
Revives should act like regular summons after teleport
Also smal dmg buff to regular skele needed

Buf all golems all of the useless exapt clay for tanking /slow and iron that dies to often
2) bone build
Buff teeth dmg , buf spirit dmg
Change spear skill make it bigger and stronger its too small and to weak
3) curses
Add new curses that do actual dmg to make curse build viable

3 Likes

Dear Paladin,
search better how to play or choose different guide :))) from the text its certain you dont understnad full potential of necro builds

1 Like

I dont think he is all wrong

Skelys ai needs some minor tweeks but what i really want is that they reduce minions collision

Almost useless i would say

For revives i would like them to last longer as i tend to do full bosses and lvl 85 monlvl areas before restarting
Also their dmg is lackluster making only monsters with CB interesting

People say that skellys are not supose to be dmg dealers and i fail to see from where this is coming from except that they are used to skellys having that low dmg and they need to make a excuse for it

Golems could have a skill that has a chance to activate each attack, this same chance could raise with base kill points
For me clay golem is off lore wise…it would make sense if we was talking about druids whos spend all day advertising for veganinsm, but we are necromancers, priests for death it self…clay golem should be replaced with a bone golem

We have 2 options for aoe dmg, CE and pnova…teeth could be the third
For spirit i think it should remain as a single target skill but i think it would be nice if it could change target once the last one is dead
About Spears…i think it has almost the same role as spirit and i dont like it, they should feel different

We are missing dot on curses but i would hate it being just another kind of poison…maybe something based on monster %hp. It would be nice to have one curse that could reduce magic res but what i would really like to is being able to turn curses into weaker versions of it self and let then work like auras.

These are my 2c

re-working the AI of monsters etc is a step farther than I’m willing to ask at this point…

Mages are going to be buffed, that’s already signaled.

Skellys…at level 30 (+10 all skills, amp and might merc) skellies do a cumulative 10K dps. At the general max of lvl 42 they do about 27K dps. You can get up to 36+K with different Beast set ups. This is a good solid amount of damage, there is no real issue with skelly damage. I do agree if you are feeling skellies need more damage you aren’t doing something right.

The key with skellies is they will never do the damage your merc will do if you build your merc right. My ‘modestly’ set up merc kicks out 26K dps to one target. Once he drops a target I CE the room and everything is dead. The only time I actually get to see my skellies do damage is on bosses or when my merc takes his union break which is all the time.

Moving to constructive topics:
Golems, need a massive hit to the point if I drop 80 pts into it I should have a golem that can do damage yet if I leave it at the 1 pt wonders I can still get use.

Teeth should shotgun, it’s a good skill but the fact that it can’t shotgun like the charged bolt skills is keeping it useless unless your killing flayers.

Once they get Iron Maiden working again, I think the curses will be just fine.

I’ve been playing the Necro since the beginning. It’s my favorite class. The only things I think need tweaking on the Necro is the minions AI and some sort of ability to have them either lead you when walking or leave them they way they follow now. It could be a charm you find or a new passive skill, something like that. It would boost the fantasy of the character. Think about it, a Necro has the power and ability to raise the dead, which is very powerful, but he doesn’t have the ability to command where and what they do, even just a little bit. To me that doesn’t seen right. You would think if someone learned the ability to raise the dead they would learn how to control them before raising an army of the dead.

Another thing is the mages need a slight damage/health buff. I still use them for meat shields but that has diminishing returns in Nightmare and Hell where you have to constantly raise the SM because they die so fast. I don’t mean to buff them too much but just enough to at least make the viable especially in Hell.

Even though the Clay golem is the go-to for Necros (for me at least) I don’t think that will change with 2.4 (at least for me) because of the Clays slow ability so please buff him as far as life is concerned. In Hell he dies all the time if I don’t keep casing Decrepify on his target. As long the Clays target is slowed by his hits and Dec applied he’s fine but in the heat of the battle it’s hard to keep up to what target he’s on. I’d like him to be more set it and forget it.