My only pet peeve about D2R

Damn, I’ve not listen to Mr Big in ages. Billy Sheehan is a favorite basest of mine. I saw him live twice with DLR and in a bar in Toronto after the band broke up. You know the guitar off VH II was buried with Darrell? As soon as read Iommi I put on Paranoid. My favorite thing about Eddie is his Rifts as well, they are exactly why I fell in love with the band. Kirk Hammett is also in my top 5. It’s funny, as much as I love these musicians for their skill, I’ve never liked them as people. Have you listened to Eddie’s collaboration with Brian May called Star Fleet Project?

Billy is one of my favorites too, along with Geddy Lee, Chris Squire, Cliff Burton, John Paul Jones, and so on. For rock, that is, I am a huge Jazz guy as well so I have another huge roster of favorite musicians in that department.

Yeah, I knew about Darrel’s EVH guitar. That guitar was supposed to be a gift for him, but unfortunately he never got to play it.

About Star Fleet Project, yes, because I think I listened to pretty much everything Brian May worked at lol.

About liking them as people, I honestly am in for the music. There are some musicians that I really admire as people (I got to meet Paul Gilbert on his guitar clinic and he was a very nice, down to earth guy, I had the same opportunity with Victor Wooten as well, another idol of mine), but in the end, what they do outside of the stage is none of my business.

4 of the greatest bands of all times! Every single instrumentalist in those bands were/are geniuses in their own right. 70s YES is epic music, Anderson’s voice is incredible, I still listen to Friends of Mr Cairo every week. One of my best friends named is cat, Squire, after him. We were yes junkies.

Yes. Rush in particular is my favorite band of all time (followed closely by Brazillian prog metal band Angra) and I was actually pretty hit when Neil Peart passed away last year, because their music literally defined me as a musician (I basically learned guitar with the goal of playing Rush songs). I even have a favorite guitar chord, which John Petrucci liked to call “the Alex Lifeson Chord”, which is the first chord in the song Cygnus X-1 Book 2 (technically a “F#7sus4” but it’s an easy chord to play, it’s just an F# but leaving the other strings open). That’s how much their sound identity impacted me.

One of the best things to have come out of Canada along with Basketball.

Yes is another behemoth. I love their 70’s era, and I even like the 80’s stuff (90125 is a banger album in my book). I loved the fact that an anime called JoJo popularized the song Roundabout with the younger people because it’s a song everyone should listen to.

My favorite band is rush as well. :guitar: My username is based off their song Xanadu :slight_smile:

Back in my high school band, we opened our gigs with Xanadu.

Ha 11 minute opener is awesome. My dad was the lead singer in a cover band for rush in the 80s-90s. I was to young for most of it but the songs i will always remember. This is what music sounds like, the amount instruments in Xanadu, i couldn’t even list them all haha

The Exit Stage Right tour Peart’s kit was enormous. That was back in the days when drum kits were the size of bedrooms. I think Neil Peart and Alex Van Halen competed for the largest.

That was also back in the days when the Top 100 was occupied by real musicians, and not the garbage today. Today, the real musicians go mostly unheard, but are truly hidden gems on youtube.

Well, here’s MY pet peeve right now:
I CANNOT ACCESS MY OFFLINE CHARACTERS AT ALL! Anytime I crash online or my internet isn’t available, I can’t access them to enjoy myself. This is my favorite adventuring game of all time. Can they please fix this?

Don’t necro my post please. I don’t play this game anymore.