Multiboxing in D2R

So i got new pc and finaly I can actualy run D2R more than once and i am curious if there is any guide how to run d2 multiple times?last time i did was ages ago in old d2.

Also if i have 32 giga ram, 4070, ssd, how well can i run game 7x?

Depends on your gpu, you could sacrifice some graphics ofc, but if you plan to run it on pretty high graphics you need about 4-6gb vram for one game

1 Like

Nah i run on lowered graphics anyway , i mean i can lower it to worse graphic for those 7 accounts.

zax the guide is here on the forum. do you need me to find it for you ? or i can walk you through it step by step. currently running 5.

1 Like

Well if you can find link fast i would appreatiate it, otherwise i will try to look for it myself later. I am not home now abyway. But if you are on this account i might cobtact you later via bn if i will need help, thx :slight_smile:

Btw how much ram and vram it takes for you to run 5?

it takes approx 6gb ram per instance

i’ll tell you RIGHT NOW, you do not need to make new directories though, massive waste of time. just get process explorer and remove the “check for other instances” box . then if unable to press play on #2 + go into task manager and delete battle update agent and the play option should appear within 5s

4 Likes

You need about 10 GB of RAM each Instance. So i think 3 instances should work. Graphics RAM is another thing depends on resolution not on how many instances.

What the hell? Why 10 giga ram? I have never seen even half i believe in task manager on d2r. If i am not mistaken.

~4gb per instance here, I have 32gb ram and run 5 instances w/o any problems.

I have 7 running and thats 61 GB RAM usage on my system. Don’t know what’s different. Ok its not 10 each - but close to.

1 Like

Thats honestly kind of insane, i didnt expect that, damnit so i guess i will not be able to do what i wanted online.

that’s why i said approx 6. i run 4 on 32 gb with a little bit of wiggle room. initially it was thought you needed 8gb per instance but i’m not finding that true.

1 Like

If I remember correctly you can safe a bit when you run your mules/fillers in legacy mode.