Move Cain back by the WP in act 5

Yes please! I was very puzzled when I found Cain in the middle of Harrogath in D2R.

No idea why this change was made, I see no gain at all, on the contrary.

3 Likes

Just tossing this out thereā€¦
Cain was originally by the well in Act 5. I played for years with him there.
Malah>Cain>Anya(sell inv)>Stash>Larzuk(sell cube & repair) was a nice easy rotation.

Iā€™m not sure which patch moved him.

3 Likes

Really? Iā€™ve been playing since D2 classic launch and didnā€™t remember that Cain was originally not in the WP in Act 5.

Anyway, our request stands: letā€™s please have Cain by the WP in Act 5, Blizz.

4 Likes

Perhaps he was only there on ladder play. When I first started playing I didnā€™t have reliable internet, so my buddies and I LAN played. He was always at the well for us.

2 Likes

NO! Put Cain in Baals throne room. XD

3 Likes

Yes please, lets make it happen!

2 Likes

Yes please, donā€™t forget to move him in single player as well. Also it would be great if he could ā€œrememberā€ to identify stuff in the cube as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Iā€™d take this over moving him any day! Still wondering how this bug even happened!

2 Likes

Cain has a thing for wells. Act 3 and 4 were rough for him. When he saw one in Act 5, he was overcome with joy. Cut him some slack.

I just realized, there is no well in act 1 eitherā€¦A fireplace though! lol. He likes the ā€œwater coolerā€ areas :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

May I suggest to relocated Cain near Malah? Give the last Horadrim some shelter and company :slight_smile:

1 Like

Keeping this thread alive in the hopes this get spotted by the dev team: please please move Cain back to the WP/stash region.

2 Likes

Itā€™s funny how such a simple request this is and could probably be completed in less than 5 minutes.

1 Like

Without knowledge of the gameā€™s code we canā€™t say this for sure, but yeahā€¦if I had to wild-guess, changing an NPC positioning shouldnā€™t be tooooo complicated.

Since obviously the position of many NPCs on many Acts had to be done, I hope this is more or less easily doable by changing some parameters of functions, maybe things like X, Y positioning. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This would be a great change, we need it!

Have a free bump from me.
Portal or Malah, doesnā€™t matter. Malah would be even better, give him a company.
Esp. since Malah does have unique greeting to Sorceress and Cain is a Sorcerer.

1 Like

For convenienceā€™s sake, it would be great to have him by Malah indeed.

But if the devs donā€™t want to change the original game too much by doing this, just having him back in the WP would be great already.

Good day, have a free bump from me.

Upvote Bumper Bump Bump

Bump for visibility.

2 Likes

Please make this happen. Huge QOL improvement.

2 Likes