Mouse cursor doesn't lock in fullscreen mode anymore

sort of. it likes to switch randomly without the setting being changed.

there are very few atacks that require selecing a specific enemy. only one on the top of my head would be leap attack. theres little to no reason for selecting a specific enemy in a crowd. sounds like you just want to complain :man_shrugging:

ā€œrequireā€ and ā€œbenefit fromā€ are not the same thing.

Yes, I donā€™t have to target Bone Spirit on a specific enemy as it has homing, but it wonā€™t always hit what I want to hit if thereā€™s other enemies nearby. Clicking the specific enemy is beneficial here. In other cases, it gives me more control, and I like to have control vs. spraying and praying.

Look man, just accept that not everyone plays the same way as you, and something that might be a benefit to you could be a hinderance to others.

The most egregious situation though, is RTS and FPS games where you move the mouse around a lot, makes it extremely easy to click outside the window and suddenly you arenā€™t shooting or moving or whatever it was you were doing. itā€™s not -as bad- in D2 as it is in someother games, but it still can lead to undesirable behavior.

wont that just hit the enemy in front of it if the one your targeting is in a group? or am i missing something there. its been a LONG time since i ran a bone necro.

It can, it was just an example. But if you free fire, it can hit something you didnā€™t want to hit specifically.

fair enough. you do you.

Iā€™m 99% certain that this switch occurs during cutscene transitions between acts. It happens constantly when Iā€™m playing through on new characters but not so much otherwise.

that could be. i do only remember doing it on the barb i finally started to level lol

Play a sorcerer and you will understand why you donā€™t want to click out of screen. Or any other character with engima wearingā€¦ This can kill you easily on hellā€¦

1 Like

I have 2 monitors (soon to be 3). I absolutely want to click out of my screen because I donā€™t want to have to alt + tab every time I want to browse something on my 2nd monitor. Iā€™ve never had an issue with clicking out of the screen unintentionally but I also have very good mouse control.

It should be an option for those who want it. It is now an option thanks to Blizz and 2.4. But it should probably not be on by default which is causing a lot of confusion for people. And it is also bugged and toggling itself back off when you complete an act for the first time and go through the cutscene transition.