Mercenary getting affected by Conviction from his own Infinity

Hi.
My mercenary sometimes becomes affected by his own Conviction aura, causing his fire, cold and lightning resistances to drop by 85%. Going back to town doesn’t fix it, only making a new game does.
I have a screenshot of the problem, but this forum doesn’t let me post it.
It could have something to do with encountering enemies that have Conviction inside a Terror Zone, I’ll test it further.

3 Likes

Try unequipping the infinity on him after, to isolate and make sure it was from his weapon. It is probably a mob pack aura.

Upon further testing, I managed to reproduce it.
The bug happens when I encounter an enemy with Conviction in a Terrorized zone (lvl96). It seems the mercenary gets affected by the enemies’ Conviction, but this effect persists even after the enemy dies. Re-equiping Infinity solves the problem, until I meet another pack with Conviction.

2 Likes

Happened with me. My merc had -11% all res on Town. I unequip his infinity and it get fixed but it shouldnt happen in first place. Hope for a fix soon.

1 Like

Ya, sorry about the comment I was on crack rocks. If you un and reequip infinity is does not isolate anything. It just over writes it, just like when you use conviction to over write uber meph’s conviction.

bumping, i’ve had the same issue lately, pretty annoying and one more bug that is just there not taken care of

1 Like

This problem is still in game! 27.01.2023! Can Blizz actually pay attencion on this pls? Is so anoying still unequip merc weapon to fix this. No one else hate merc still dying?

1 Like

Thanks, I didn’t even realize this was occurring lol. Explains why he gets annihilated quickly for seemingly no reason sometimes.

Another vouch on this. Still in. Happened again to me today. If I was HC player I’d pretty annoyed about this one not getting fixed quickly. Also, I haven’t noticed any of my non infinity mercs retain enemy conviction penalty, so I think it is to do with merc weilding infinity. I don’t understand how, if it’s the same basic engine under the hood, they made the merc more buggy. Like now fade effect sticks as well as poison, so you don’t know what the hell is going on with him half the time.

known downfall of how conviction works. its the same thing as cancelling uber meph’s aura. if the enemies aura is the same level as yours, they will both permanently receive the effects of the others aura until they swap off of the aura (a monster can’t do, and a mercenary can only do if you re-equip the infinity). the best way for them to fix this is prevent monsters from having level 12 conviction.

as of today… this is STILL an issue… bump