Merc weapon and lifesteal

Hello,

My question is about life steal/leech for my merc. He wears a vampire gaze helm with 8% life steal I think.

My merc has a pride runeword. His damage is not high as a result but I wish to keep the pride runeword. Most of what I have read on the matter indicates that increasing damage is the best way to increase life steal. Other than switching weapons are there any other ways to increase his damage thereby increasing lifesteal?

Would amplify damage interact with vampire gaze’s lifesteal since it increases physical
Damage?

Im currently using oak sage. If I used HOW, would that also increase my merc’s lifesteal?

Thankyou

Hello fellow Druid,

There are a few other things that can matter more than what weapon they use or how much lifesteal they have.

1. Is his level close to yours? If he is behind, it may be best to remove his equipment and re-hire the same kind of merc to boost his levels. His levels matters not only for his resists, but other stats like hp pool as well.

2. What armor does he have? Increasing their armor reduces the overall damage they take, which makes what life steal ability they have more effective.

3. You can also boost his “effective damage” by auras and the like. I stack Pride, Might, Beast, and Heart of the Oak for something like +750% damage buff to not just him, but the entire group. Which turns his modest usual 2k or so Damage to over 3500.

4. I “believe” amplify and decrep would boost it, although indirectly. But I could be wrong on that, I can’t recall reading something that stated otherwise though.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thankyou sir!
Much appreciated

I’m a Miss, but you are quite welcome all the same. = )

1 Like

ahahah i stand corrected Miss druid !