Max playable character limit 20

seems that we can only make 20 characters, with the current share stash x3 and storage x1 (should be the other way around) , we only get 23 stash tabs per cd key (from infinite) compared to diablo 2

if the 3x share tab was 1x share tab , this would be way better giving us 60 tabs to play with per account- we dont need 3 share tabs imo

and the total builds 20 characters may not be enough for each distinctive build per class

i dont know every build so this is just a estimate (please correct me)

amazon
javazon
bowazon .
plus a random quirky build,

assassin
martial arts build
trap buiild
quirky build

Necro
poison
bone
summon
curse
quirky

barb
concentrate
whirlwind
frenzy build
quirky

Paladin
Hammer
Smiterdin
Auradin
Quirky

Sorc
blizzard
meteor
chain lightning
firewall
quirky

druid
wind
fire
poison
shapeshift
quirky

thats 29 slots needed just to try most builds (iv probably missed some)

so i think we need at least 30/40 char slots

46 Likes

No one I know plays that many characters.

20 slots is a ton for any game.

14 Likes

enough for me… :slight_smile: 20 blabla…

6 Likes

Oh man I knew they would limit the char slots. I wouldn’t be suprised if they do the same stupid char slot limit on the console on singleplayer. That would mean no holy grail challenge for me, awesome… I can’t understand how someone does a character slot limit in a farm game where you can do plenty of builds.

Are you serious?

19 Likes

not enough for even the core builds though , as iv pointed out.

9 Likes

This simply isn’t enough. “I don’t know anyone with 20 characters”

Seriously? Maybe if you play singleplayer.

Literally one of each character is 7. If i want to play LLD/Hardcore/Softcore/Ladder - i’ll have WAY more than 20. EASILY.

Doesn’t even consider the fact i may use mules - which i’m practically gauranteed to do. 3 shared stash tabs is nothing.

Stop excusing bad decisions because ‘it doesn’t effect me personally or anyone i know personally.’ Its how companies get a pass, and get a pass for too long, and end up making crap games because you’re there to defend them in that decision.

If the limit isn’t at least 50 on release its something i’d consider refunding. I’d tell all the people who i know who are consider buying it but haven’t pre-ordered yet to just not - since i know how they’re going to play this game. There shouldn’t be a limit and it just tells me they just don’t care about breaking the experience for a large portion of the people who will buy this.

17 Likes

a normal person will make around 5 diferent builds each seasson.

you will have more than enough with around 10 mule character.

The principal problem will be how many torch and anihilus can put in the shared stash (1 or 3… or maybe infinite??).

3 Likes

is a group of people that have played a game for 20 years, your average normal person?

because I personally think a lot of these people will want to make every class and base build, and will need multiple mules

d2 originally 1 cd key let you make infinite characters, a bit different from 20

this is a stealth change and VV/blizzard haven’t even acknowledged/know it is a change

9 Likes

You’re comparing Closed Bnet character slots to singleplayer. Its actually a buff, Closed bnet only used to let you have 8 characters per realm per account. Singleplayer was unlimited.

1 Like

You could have hundreds of accounts per purchase though.

This is the difference.

6 Likes

Correct thats an entirely different point thats seperate from the current one mentioned above.

sorry you misunderstand what the point is tac , you can make infinite amount of accounts per cd key in D2 on the bnet online this = infinite char slots

3 Likes

Glad someone beat me to posting the 20 char slots.

Personally It will be fine for me, I’ll make less than 10 chars and use the other 10 for mules. But I know many people won’t be able to do a lot of things with only 20 slots.

I’ll probably add this to game feedback but we need a better way to see the 20 chars. scrolling down to fine my mule is going to be ‘annoying’. It may be better to have tabs with 5-10 chars per tab so we can see a few at a time. SWTOR does something like this and it makes it nicer to find your chars.

3 Likes

That makes more sense, although i’m thinking of how much stuff (In terms of mules) did I used to have from d2. Because in terms of character builds, in reality you dont need to keep 5 sorcs,5 barbs and so on. You have the power of respec for your skills/stats, so having 2 of each characters + a few more is plenty for builds.
The only real limiting factor is space for items and once you’re able to fill 20 characters of gear + stash space. I believe you have tons of ability to either liquidate or simply not care about deleting a character.

20 slots are almost too much… no idea who should make so many chars. and no one should claim that he plays every build with every class.
No one believes that anyway.
you all really can’t get enough huh?
Cheeky

I forgot my second point - Mules

With three shared stash tabs I still need mules. As I noted I will dedicate 10 of my 20 slots to mules. This gives me a realistic 10 slots for items, 1 shared stash for gems 1 shared stash for runes and 1 shared stash for transferring to the mules.

I will happily trade you 10 character slots for 10 more shared stash tabs. I really don’t want to mule or waste char slots for mules.

2 Likes

I hope its 20 per game mode. So Classic gets 20, HC Classic 20, nl 20, etc.

2 Likes

Low lvl duels, mules, PvP, ladder, nonladder, Classic, LoD, Hardcore/softcore…

20 char slots really isn’t much in the context of a few years’ worth gameplay.

6 Likes

i always had 5 account at minimum in every ladder.
muling when you farm a lot do ask for a lot of space xD

20 isn’t much at all in that regard , especially if gem/runes can’t stack

4 Likes

You see which part you missed? (i highlighted it for you)

1 Like