Making a jack of all trades barb

so i want to cut down on having multiple characters and mules etc.

so i am building 1 character for all my pve needs.

and its going to be a barb.

he needs to be able to mf and gf and do ubers
then i wont need any other characters and can delete everything except my pvp and lld toons

anyway… i’ll need some help with the uber barb
what is the best build for ubers? frenzy? conc? ww? throw?

obviously i wont 1 set of gear for everything, i’ll keep the gear in my stash for when i want to swap between mf/gf ubers etc

so plz give me a basic guide on uber barb skills/gear selection

I made hybrid between frenzy and zerker. I made one attempt in ubers, i managed to kill izual and duriel but lilith was too much. She was killing me. I think issue was that i wasnt well prepared and had bad resistances. I should probably use venom ward and in that time i didnt have grief and used lying of hands instead of Draculs. I prefer double swing tho as its faster than frenzy. Well i combined attacks with both. Attack rating is important against uber bosses and high lvl enough with maxed howl to lure always spawned monsters.

My barb is great pindle runner and i can do basicly anything with enigma abd some gear switching if i run bosses or just area 85 locations.

Barbs are great for this, but keep in mind: Ubers are designed to force you into maximizing your builds. It’s the elite end game goal, not a jack of all trades farming spot.

That being said, a Barb can do everything in the game with the right setup. My IK barb with dual Ali Baba’s and a helm with Ptopaz has around 320% MF, and that’s without any MF on his rings or ammy. He can also solo anything in the game, except possibly ubers (that would take a great deal of work with his off-set slots and merc, which I don’t want to do). But I’ve seen it done.

So any main skill for a barb will work fine if you can get gear setups for it. I have preference for WW, but if your aiming for Ubers, Frenzy or Dual swing with Zerk may be an easier path.

basic setup would be: max main skill and synergies, max BO, max weapon specialty of choice, 1 pt in everything else. Extra points can go in areas that will help you kill faster. shout boosts beserk, so it can help to dump extra points there.

general use gear would revolve around crushing blow, critical strike, and AR: you need allot to hit in Hell. you’ll need mana and life leech.

MF gear: Dual Ali baba’s on switch for kill and horking. Ik helm with Ptopaz, nagelring, etc. The challenge with an MF barb is you have to sacrifice offensive and defensive stats for MF. IK set is great for this, since it adds roughly 85% MF in the set itself, but it’s tailored for WW or Concentrate build.

If you want a Grushing king, you’ll want Enigma, though I do my own Grushes with the IK barb and no issues, just slower.

Concentrate is your boss killer, Beserk is for Phys immunes. War Cry is optional, but I find that a point in it can help control mobs. prestigious use of howl and grim totem can help control mobs as well, so they’re mandatory 1 pointers too.

1 Like