Make More Interesting Uniques/Sets, Not Boring Runewords

They can mod older items bro , d2 mods do it all time hell you can do it offline easy enough with hero editor.

For that reason my friend i started playing without runewords and no buying mana potions (Hardcore, Singleplayer offline). And i can absolutely agree on that statement that i made uniques, rare rare rolls etc. soo much more enjoyable. Even set items gained more value.
But the runes did not lose their spot, i use them to make even more unique builds and just put them into sockets for optimation :wink:

1 Like

I like runewords, I think they’re fun, but more uniques/sets would be cool too

there a lot of modder out there for reference, change item seems viable like hero editor. i think its just not priority or they not have manpower or not have dedicated/passion to this game.
yeah missing passion is the right word.

in between season 2 till now, average +/- 72 days and the output only 7 runeword just wow…

Passionate devs do not make a unpopular game profitable. Its still likely a money thing.

That’s not how it works at all.

UniqueItems.txt has a list of all unique items and their affixes, as well as their base item.
If you want you can literally copy all Runeword’s affixes from “runes.txt” and paste them into “uniqueitem.txt”, give them a base item and done. You transformed a Runeword into a Unique. It’s that simple.
On my own mod I made the Sunder Charms into Sunder RINGS (because I hate charms).

Anyways, I don’t see why we need more uniques when we have so many useless ones. BUFF the ones that exist, please.

1 Like

I can admit when I’m wrong. :slight_smile:

But I’m not wrong about the game being unpopular and only having a skeleton crew to maintain and expand it.

True, but some stuff is so easy to do that a group of 3-4 people could easily fix it. Hell, a modders working alone with limited resources managed to add great stuff in the game, like Magical arrows/bolts (that I am a big fan of).

1 Like

I don’t know if tal rasha’s is lightning in a bottle or what. But that is literally perfect set design. Useful for early end game progression. Becomes obsolete once rare items are found/traded for. Just chef’s kiss on that whole set. If they could work that into other set themes/mechanics.

Or here is a thought since every1 here seems to say that it’s just a small pool of devs working on this game. “Trust me bro” isn’t exactly credible, so IDK if I actually believe that. But with the DEVOTED fanbase you have just open up multiplayer modding. Bugger off and let us mod more than txt files. It’s free real estate, the people who want to POE explode the screen can, and the minority devoted can have actually thematic and useful sets/uniques drop. And Actual build diversity.

D2 was successful and healthy for over 20 years. It’s fine if you beat the remaster and move on. We don’t need to mutate a classic into some cellphone game just to increase an irrelevant player retention stat.

You have a strange definition of successful. If not getting features and merely existing is your idea of successful, than by all means… enjoy a game that a dozen people play.

Tals doesn’t even have to get surpassed later on. 3 piece and full is still pretty top if you’re looking for defense stats and MF. Sure you can improve damage and stats a good chunk over it, but it is very near end game as is.

But to the OP’s point. Why do you think they would be capable of making good sets or uniques or even modifying old unused sets/uniques if they can’t even make decent runewords? Neither has a limitation on them only sets do. Do you trust them to make a brand new set?

Perhaps ‘obsolete’ was a little harsh. I just meant it’s a useful set that has just enough use to be end game viable, but isn’t so busted (ie: D3) it becomes the only thing sorceresses wear.

But we seem to be in agreement so I’ll leave it there.

Take my upvote

Totally agree

Been saying this since before the game came out

Like my gramp said

“ you can take a bucket of manure, add a glass of pure water to it and stir it… it’ll remain a bucket of manure”

Sadly this kind of patch shows that the devs remaining at D2R have no talent or vision or ambition or they are simply handcuffed by a direction that doesn’t allow them to make the game good again

Terror zones was a copy of my suggestion , but without important aspects that made it a fun mechanic to interact with

And about unique and set… they have no excuse

They can keep the existing versions as they are and allow them to improve

A true Upgrade recipe

As a rookie I managed to create, just soft coded, a cube recipe to improve a hundred of unique/set into stable, balanced and interesting items in about a dozen hours of work… as somebody who never did this before

It’s easy

1 normal unique + 1 reagent = dismantle unique into unique scrap
5 unique scrap= 1 unique essence

1 normal unique + 1 unique essence = exceptional version of that unique with improved affixes

1 exceptional unique + reagent = 1 unique essence

5 unique essence = unique soul

1 exceptional unique + 1 unique soul = elite version of that unique with improved affixes

1 Like