Made a game... no one joined for 30 min... left

Absolutely catastrophic conclusion!

P8 for solo will make it even worse, because that is for most players the last remaining reason to meet other players - while I personally would not call that “playing together” - it’s mostly split-mf.

In generall that is what happens, when players don’t need other players. They have an own bo barb, echant sorc, immortal merc, enigma teleport, …
You give them “online P8” then even the last bit of multiplayer is dead.

In the past I made several suggestions to enhance real multiplayer:

If P8 would “break” D2R because everyone would use it, then aren’t you suggesting that everyone wants it? Very odd to fight a feature so hard, because everyone wants it lol.

Or, most wouldn’t use it, only those that play solo in the first place. Again, you aren’t affected. The ONLY people that would SUFFER from player commands are the parasites that snipe the bosses of games where people are trying to play in a group.

Game is so dead right now…and people get outraged when we ask for Players 8 and other things that keeps the game interesting and healthy. “Okay then”…I’ll just moving on like the rest of us and come back once in a while to see how things didn’t changed for the better.

1 Like

worse* /p8 is not meant for multiplayer.

2 Likes

I think you missed the entire point of the OPs thread. What you suggest isn’t a solution, it’s the opposite of one.

The solution for the OP is instanced loot. Everyone gets loot… encourages grouping.

2 Likes

change the Game name to free stuff.

well aren’t you a brilliant big shot, arrogance is your best quality?
unlimited fgs are gained through botting or duping, which one do you do?

I can do my runs in split though, would p8 be easier, yes it would, is it needed…no it isn’t.
Lobby is faulty, thats needs fixing, but p8 is not a lobby fix.

2 Likes

It’s working as intended what’s the problem /s

Did you even read the post? Dude needed help killing Diablo and wanted to play with people.

Have /p would make it worse because there are now less folks looking to play with others due to /p and if he original poster used /p it just makes it Diablo harder.

So perfect example of why /p shouldn’t be in mulitplayer :+1:

No, there are not a lot of those games actually. Game needs players 8 online, saying it doesn’t is stupid.

1 Like

They ain’t broke. Its just that no one is playing.
The most optimal way to find loot is to play alone, and still finding good things worth anything is rare enough that most people just won’t bother. Until that changes, enjoy the dead game.

2 Likes

I quite enjoy playing at a chill pace myself, doing all the quests and getting all waypoins along the way. Looks like you just need a likeminded friend or 2 to play with. Public games aren’t the way to go about it.

OP is looking for more people to play with not extra loot/experience

Nice attempt to twist someone else’s points to try and fit your agenda though.

Pretty sure you simply did not or can not read.

1 Like

You sound as low IQ as everyone else on this forum. online p8 makes the game even less multiplayer-focused. The things you’re complaining about would be made worse.
It would also destroy the economy entirely, but you casuals don’t care about that.
Regardless, devs are never giving you online player 8. Cry about it.

1 Like

Apparantly you have a very different list than I do, on average I guess 2 per refresh that are young and thats more than any of the other game types that isn’t a want to trade X for Y game.

Would try bringing argument instead of just saying its stupid if you don’t want it.
This just sounds like a spoiled child stamping its feet, calling people names because it didn’t get its favorite candy.

In terms of actually finding people to play with when that’s what you want to do, since that’s what this thread is about, I’ve noticed the same thing.

I’m not doing a ton in this game but I’ve made a bunch of random alts recently out of boredom. The other day I was trying to do I think NM Ancients on a leap attack barb. Made a game hoping someone would bring the WP and help. I walked all the way from town to the Summit by myself without anyone ever joining. Attempted to solo but ran out of potions after killing one of them and decided to just restart and make a new public game. Got to them again (obviously faster now that I had the WP), second attempt, failed, restarted. Soloed them the third attempt, nobody ever joined.

Hell is even worse since the list is spammed with trade games. Hard to find an open game for something you want and unlikely anyone will see your game if you make one. Refreshing is extremely slow and hardly even changes that many of the games in the list. Is that just because there aren’t very many to show?

As far as finding groups on discord goes, I’ve tried joining a few random discords to see if they had active game postings but none of them really seem to. There’s a couple split MF runs advertising or whatever, but they certainly didn’t seem to be super active or useful replacements to the travesty of the in-game game list.

And yes, players command online would be a huge QoL improvement to a ton of players for many reasons, but this thread wasn’t about that topic at all. See numerous other threads for arguments as to why.

:mirror:

I don’t think the OP is asking for that. They simply want actual people to join and/or help them to kill diablo. They never said they want /p8 for solo play loot.

THIS

Who the f*** Cares if we get /players 8 online.

Like every single game i go into and try to mf people get belligerent. A lot of the times they all leave really fast as if to say F you not mfing our game.

WTF am I suppose to do?? Make a game and keep farming solo getting ZEROOOOOOOO drops for eternity until I quit?

This game is NOT designed well enough for people to build relationships like world of warcraft is. I’m not saying that you can’t but how often you see a game running with 4-8 people that are all friends mfing?

Come on man don’t give me that bs.

/Player 8 online isn’t just needed it might actually save this dumpster fire

1 Like

OP: I want people to help me with a boss.

Thread derailers: They should let me create more imaginary friends for increased loot drops.

Seriously. Stop.

1 Like

Giving people more reasons to play completely alone instead of with other players isn’t saving anything, it would just make the issue worse.

Sorry if your bots are struggling to get 8 player loot, the game is for actual players