Macbook pro 2020 i5 / bootcamp

Hello , i have a MacBook Pro 2020
2 GHz Intel Core i5 quatre cœurs
16 Go 3733 MHz LPDDR4X
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 Mo

I tried to launch the game via bootcamp windows 10 , but the game won’t launch … black windows and nothing.

Intel IRIS PLUS 2020 is not enough ? (I suppose I can’t play in high resolution)

Well a macbook is a Macintosh computer not a pc. Blizzard did not release on mac platform. You could be out of luck

I’m afraid the game will not run on that system because it only has an integrated GPU (IGP) rather than a dedicated one from either nVidia or AMD (in Apple’s case, AMD as they block nVidia from making drivers now).

I’m afraid you’re out of luck with that particular machine. This may become more common in the future, so the next time you purchase a computer, make sure it has an actual dedicated GPU in it or you may be locked out of more and more software going forward.

1 Like

Also note, you cannot get technical support from Blizzard regarding it either.

Specifically the note – “Note: We do not support installing or playing our games on a Boot Camp partition or other virtual desktops.

Isn’t there a MacOS version of D2:R?

Edit: Apparently not. /sadge

diablo 2 is a 32bit game mac blocked support for that a few years back.

Yeah, except D2:R is 64-bit.

it’s both d2 running underneath still uses battle.net update agent 32 bit like the OG one did.

still works with egpu?
I try to find a solution, i have an other pc ( i7 970 , rx 580 ) but can’t play with the Avx issue

This problem can only be solved by developers.
Update for today 10.1 with AVX. The QA team is still collecting performance data on machines with and without fix. The goal is to A/B testing between both and ensure that this is not impacting an existing setups. The testing will continue today and through early next week. Once we have more details on how those went, we will let everyone know.