Low FPS and stuttering on high end specs

Same here. Microstuttering regardless of graphics settings. DLSS on or off doesn’t make a difference. I just came back to the game since the month of it’s release and I immediately remembered why I quit.
9900k, 3080 ti

2 Likes

my game was fine up until recently, not sure what changed it. but now im having stuttering and fps frame drops.
3060ti i7-12600k win 11

1 Like

same issue here with a dell G15 gaming 3060rtx and 5800H 16gb. many FPS drops. Graphical bugs sometimes when using corpe explosion, i have some strange square on the texture on the floor. FPS drops when invoking skeletons and others followers etc.

Vsync on or off don’t change anything. DLSS too, lowering effects too.

1 Like

Double check your VRAM usage, there’s a bug or memory leak that it’s persistent no matter how strong your GPU is. Even if Temperatures are all right your VRAM it’s probably going bananas.
It’s been reported many times before but no official word yet, I would be happy if they are planning at least looking into it. So far, we only got the regular QA back and forth with drivers updates.

This work for me

hxxps://www.thenerdmag.com/how-to-fix-diablo-ii-resurrected-stuttering-issues/

3 Likes

I’m also having this issue which is making me nauseous and disoriented to a point where I physically cannot play the game anymore.

I have to point out the issue seems to happen only when my character is moving around. Everything is fine if I stand still and cast, or teleport around. The issue seems more pronounced nowadays than it was before. The game runs fine on my switch though.

From digging into it, key words like ‘Motion Sickness’, ‘Motion Blur’ and ‘Micro-stuttering’ all come up with no solution in sight. The suggestion so far is that this is how the code operating the background FPS interacts with 4k screens. I unfortunately don’t have another screen to test with.

My computer:

• 12th gen intel core i7-12700k 3.6GHz
  • 32g ram
  • GeForce RTX 3080
  • Running on SSD with plenty of space available
  • Agon AG352UCG screen

Of the things I’ve tried:

• I played around in game graphics settings including capping my FPS. Regardless of whether I run it on high settings or low, the micro-stutter occurs without FPS drops.

• I played around the Nvidia control panel settings. Notably I had found a suggestion to turn the ‘anti aliasing gamma correction’ and ‘vsync’ options off.

• Turning VSync/GSync on/off. Turning VSync off did help a bit, but didn’t eliminate the issue.

• Running the game with additional command line arguments. I will mention how the -ddraw option seemed to help, but didn’t eliminate the issue.

• Setting D2R’s application priority in the task manager to high.

• I ran the game scan and repair tool.

• I re-installed my Nvidia drivers.

• I played around the in-game NvidiaDLSS options. Turning it off seemed to help but not eliminate the issue. I also played around the performance/quality options in the Nvidia GeForce Experience panels.

• I’ve scanned for viruses.

• I monitored CPU/GPU temperatures and RAM usage. Nothing odd came up.

• I ran a windows memory diagnostic. Nothing came up.

• I played around paging/virtual memory and set it to ‘No paging file’.

• I tried other games like Cyberpunk, which ran fine.

I do have a recorded example but for some reason the forum doesn’t let me add links to the post.

Side note: Is there a reason why my post is being deleted without explanation/notification?

3 Likes

I’ve had the stuttering problem for a number of months, but am happy to report my stuttering is gone in the latest patch on PTR!

1 Like

Yikes, just got a brand new pc from a 10 year old pc and this game actually runs worse. Wow.
Mico-sutter city all day long, on a 12th gen Intel cpu, 32 GB ram, 3080 TI. I have no words. Fix your crap blizz.

3 Likes

Also having this issue still as of today, I’ve tried every fix I’ve read about, and nothing has worked. Hopefully Blizzard will address this soon, it sounds like it’s a widespread issue.

1 Like

Haven’t played in months because of this. I see nothing is fixed yet!

3 Likes

same issue here, the game is broken. collision issue and stuttering in every path or rock I encounter in the game. I got a High End PC 3080 and 32GB ram. I bough the game and could not play it because of this, I see the issue is not solved nothing has been done. A shame the game would be so nice if those collision issue would be solved! damn blizz make something, u had enough money with diablo immortal, u can put a team of 10 people solving the stutters issue that everybody get when playing !! I would love to finish the game once in my life!!

1 Like

Had the same issue, try switching off the ftpm or tpm in your bios, switched off mine and worked like a charm

1 Like

The stuttering bug can be resolved by changing some settings. To do so, open Task Manager > Details > Find D2R > right-click and set priority to high . try this - it helped me

1 Like

Are you using an AMD or Intel CPU?
What’s your motherboard model?

The commonality I’m seeing in the comments is that everyone seems to be running NVIDIA cards. Just wondering if there’s anything else.

I’m also seeing this problem on my freshly built PC.
Intel 12700KF,
ASUS motherboard
980Ti on driver 516.94
Transplanted my old 980Ti from my previous computer. Had put performance problems down to that, but now seeing that it’s just as bad at low settings.

FPS is over 100, but there’s a consistent microstutter.

1 Like

So I edited my reply to add in my PC specs and additional thoughts but then it got deleted immediately afterward? What.

Cant be bothered to type it all out again. I’ll just say I’m also seeing this problem. Seems to be with nvidia cards only, judging by the replies.

1 Like

Alienware 14
Intel i7 quad core 2.5 ghz
16 gb ram
Nvidia GTX 765m 2gb GPU

My system is not very powerful but I suspect something is going on with this software.

I don’t like screen tearing, so after playing around with the settings I’ve got smooth play with no tearing.

In the NVCP:
Threaded Optimization = On
Vertical Sync = Adaptive (half refresh rate)

In Game Settings:
Display Mode = Fullscreen
Resolution = 1920x1080
Resolution Scale = 67
Sharpening = 12
Vertical Sync = Off
Framerate Limit = 40
Texture Quality = Medium
Anisotropic Filtering = 16
Ambient Occlusion Quality = low
Everything else on the lowest setting or off if available
No screen tearing, and it maintains a smooth consistent 30 fps which is half my refresh rate.

Just posting for those laptop gamers out there.
UPDATED As I ran into issues while progressing through the game.
UPDATEDNow the screen is skipping when moving around.
No drop in fps, just screen skip, out of the blue?
I can’t believe I paid for this…

1 Like

This gets more and more important and I cannot understand WHY and how they can ignore this. Only answer I have is, that the devs do not play the game actively? I can’t say for sure.

This happens over time, also on consoles.
My guess is, that It depends on how much dialog boxes have been opened up in your playing session. On consoles you can “emulate” different dialog boxes by re-roll the gamble-merchants load-out via “R3”.

(ATTENTION! THIS ISSUE IS NOT TIED TO THE GAMBLING MERCHANT!! Understand this. It is inventory, npc’s you speak with, vendor windows in general… you going out and back into the town etc. The reason why I meantioned the gambling merchant is, you can easily re-create the issue on him)

Check the following video for more details:
(1) Diablo 2 Resurrected [PS5] - FPS drops issue 2/2 - YouTube

If you keep re-doing this even more than shown in this video (based on PS5 version) the game will crash.

I was not able to re-create this issue on PC for quite a while now…
but I noticed it happening today. I stayed within a game with a fresh character for quite a while. The FPS got so bad, I could barely play it. Stutter here, stutter there, fluent for 1 second, then stutters again.

The one thing that is different to the console version on PC is, that, even if you create a new game, the state will remain and carry over. It will still keep being a stuttery mess - UNLESS you close the game and re-open it entirely (and with this, I mean the whole game itself… D2R.exe)

This needs to be adressed by the devs as soon as possible in my opinion, since it is affecting ALL releases… PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One / Series as well as the Nintendo Switch.

I own this game on all of the named hardwares and tested it on all.

I named it quite a few times already on reddit and on this forum, but it did not get any attention at all.

So everyone affected, do us a favor start acting in some way and be loud if you are bothered.

2 Likes

I have a i7 12700 and rtx 3070, running into the same issue, and have been for a while. I got a chance to test on the PTR and it doesn’t happen there, so hopefully it will be fixed in the next update :confused:

1 Like

getting the same issue 9/24/2022 on a HP Omen gaming laptop

more than capable of running this. I hope they fix it soon.

1 Like

having this issue ever since 2.5 and 22H2 only game the stuttering happens on

2.4 was buttery smooth for me

RTX 3070
Ryzen 5600x

Updated to the newest driver that apparently fixes the issue with 22h2 & nvidia gpus to no avail.