Low FPS and stuttering on high end specs

Seems I have this issue too. Random very small stutters where the framerate goes to zero for a fraction of a second.
i9 12900K
3070 RTX
Windows 11 22H2
Nvidia 522.25 driver

I did find a fix though, if you use “Park Control” and disable core parking by using Bitsum highest performance power profile.
Try this at your own risk, but this fixed the random stutters for me.

Hi guys, since last update I have a massive stuttering issue in both hearthstone and d2r.

My FPS doesn’t drop or anything, I just get sound and graphic stuttering randomly every 5 to 10sec, even outside the game (in menus).

Other games run fine.

Is there a known fix ?

HOLY SHIAT hPPs://www.thenerdmag.com/how-to-fix-diablo-ii-resurrected-stuttering-issues/

this fixed the windowed mode lag I had for over a year on my 10700k/3080ti. Thanks blizzard for making such a great remake :smiley:

Same issue…any fix yet?

Just started playing this season and the struggle is real! Cannot enjoy the game anymore. pre-2.5 I did not have any stutter issues at all even on ultra settings with 144fps

cpu: 2700x
gpu: 3060ti
16gb ram

The game and stutters every 2 secs even on low settings.

I had two issues, first it wanted to run with my integrated graphic by default which did not even work. Not possible to change, I had to disable the ingrated gpu in the devices.

Second stuttering… set process to high and game is like a new (but did not help for my friend).

Btw . I have Win7, I5-2500k, 8GB Ram, GTX 1650 … I am not playing on high details but game is clear as hell after the fix …so the minimum req are totaly *****.

Today is by far the worst it has ever been for me. Simply cannot play getting rubber banded trying to tele, game freezes for several seconds then unfreezes, usually resulting in my chars death. I’ve put the game on lowest possible settings did not seem to help one bit. It’s sad the I can play overwatch 2 and other fps games that require a ton more than d2r, and they all work flawlessly.

been playing games online for years including D2, D3 and world of warcraft. good computer, video card and comcast connection and NEVER seen crap like the high pings, lag and stuttering that I get in resurrected. What are they running the servers as dsl or dialup and a commodore 64?
Every patch it gets worse
in case someone wants to know, amd 5800 running at 4.8 with 32 G ram, mis 3080, comcast 300mb connection. ALL other games play fine.

i just got a 13900kf/3080ti/32gbDDR5/m.2 and it runs badly still lol. im just giving up. all other games run buttery smooth without any fiddling so rip d3.

*i got it to run very smoothly by not using gsync or vsync or fps cap ; but it runs at 400+ fps for no reason and then has tiny noticeable hiccups when it dances from 400+ to 300+. im simply giving up at this point. every other game runs flawlessly so screw it.

i dont understand how some ppl manage to get a good d3 experience. this is the third system i get where i cant get d3 to run up to my standards… and its only d3… im done :slight_smile:

**oh snap this is d2r forums. i got confused… d2r runs very well for me. this rant is about d3 my bad.

I tried pretty much everything I’ve read in this thread having experienced the same micro-stutters.

When I changed “Target Framerate” from 0 to 300 (max), the problem pretty much went away.

(I have an i7-6700k w/GTX 1660Ti)

Just wanna follow up on this.
13900K, 4090, 32GB DDR5 5600 CL36 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro nvme, clean windows 11 install, all updated drivers, windows udpates, etc. Watch the quick video that’ll show a quick drop in fps which causes the stutter. Goes from 145fps to 130fps. It’ll do that randomly.

Diablo 2 Resurrected Stuttering - YouTube

Go to about 20 secs in the video and watch the merc next to the stash. At 25 secs, you’ll see the drop and the stutter.
This doesn’t happen at all on my 5800x, 3080ti, 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16 pc.

The sorc (5800x/3080ti) is running in the same game at the same time, same place, as the pally (13900k/4090).

It’s because blizzard releases games now that are obviously flawed so that they can count on the positive income and expect that even though they will get millions of returns, for at least a week or more they will actually have more money than they are worth. This is their overvaluing technique, and it’s annoying, childish, unprofessional, and further digging themselves into a hole whereby nobody respects anybody at this company. These people are the most incompetent greedy ****s ever to exist, they are not smart. They have a few good graphic designers, but they consistently make their game files larger and larger because they are trying to make their games all online so that they can store their files onto YOUR computer. They are lazy with their server space. There’s no reason for any of their games to be as large as they are. They’re just manipulative and up to no good. They used to be good back in the David Brevick days. They are not worth respecting now, from the bottom customer service up.

I dont have stuttering issues but i have framerate issues over time it seems to suddenly drop substantially.

Btw i had stuttering problems in wow classic and what fixed this for me is turning on “hardware accelerated GPU scheduling” in your windows graphics settings. I believe you can do this in both windows 10 and 11 if you have a recent NVIDIA gpu like 2000 series or newer

Agreed.
I would like to add that the problem is software related, because it happens even when playing offline characters which, unless I’m mistaken, doesn’t use server space at all.

Hi, I started playing D2R on PC recently and been having stutters since then (about one every 3-15 seconds). It still happens even with every setting at the lowest !
Usually only happens when moving my character, and weirdly enough doing 180° turns seems to often trigger a stutter too.

Specs (Intel NUC12EDBi7):

Operating System: Windows 10

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-12700
CPU Codename: Alder Lake-S 841
CPU Platform: Socket V (LGA1700)

RAM: DDR4-3200 2x16GB
RAM Modes: Dual Channel + XMP

Graphics Card: GIGABYTE GTX 1660 Ti OC (GV-N166TOC-6GD)
Graphics Card Connection: PCIe v3.0 x16 (8.0 GT/s)
Graphics Driver: 527.37

SSD 1 (System) : Samsung 970 Plus 1TB
SSD 2 (Games) : Crucial P3 Plus 2TB

BIOS Date: 11/17/2022

Network: Fiber Internet (500Mbps)
Connection to Router: 1Gbps Ethernet Cables

1 Like

Yup same here. Massive fps drops after a while on a rtx 3050.
Act 3 Kurast/trav and act 4 river of flame seem to tank my fps. For some reason if i boot the game up and go to act 4 RoF flame first the game plays fine. However, if i go to trav the back the fps starts to drop. It stays inconsistent until i restart the game or the pc.

I usually dont complain, but the game is unplayable. Sound and FPS stuttering issues all the time. The game’s been released for 2 years and I’M not the only one to whom it happens. I tried all fixes online and game still bugs. Kinda time blizzard’s address this issue

thank you, this one work for me too, i was about to leave this game until i found out the way is just to twist some settings in nvidia 3d lmao, thanks again

having issues with stuttering ACT 3, ACT 4 and especially in ACT 5, ACT 5 is by far the worse.

AMD 5900x
Nvidia 1080ti / AMD 7900xt
Gigabyte Aero X570
Win10 / Win11
16gb 3200mh / 32gb 3600mh

tried every fix that was recommended, undervolted system, overclocked system, ran system default… everything is up to date with bios and drivers. ran default bios. Used g-sync / freesync monitors, standard 60fps monitors… 1080p, 1440p and 4k.

my buddy has an i5 12600k with a 3060ti also same problems.

ran synthetic benchmarks no issues, ran other games benchmarks no issues other than FC5 and FC6 as those games are broken with open world stutters. Set priority to high, changed graphic settings in windows settings and added D2R to use high power selected gpu’s. change game settings low, medium, high and custom, changed refresh rates with vsync or no vsync, set frame limiters (msi, gpu software and in game), setting DPI scaling on or off, setting game to run as admin, changing mouse poling to 500 or 1000.

stutters are most noticeable when new assets and movement takes place as well as teleporting. which can only mean the game has a problem with memory leakage. the game isnt unplayable but it def is an extremely unpleasant experience. hoping there is a fix in the new up coming patch. game needs VULKAN and DX11 support, DX12 is an utter turd.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.