Lot filters are allowed?

Good afternoon, I would like to know, if Lot Filters are allowed, without banning the account, I see many Youtubers and others using and posting, as far as I know Lot Filters are a mod, which only highlights certain items, being added in game settings, additional line arguments, I’m waiting for an answer, thanks

If you look for official answer, you will never get it. They wont tell you its fine, on other hand they promote streamers who use it. Its basicly grey area.

there aren’t a lot of lot filter the lot filters I know use a lot of file copy no real cod so got to lot easier don’t think lot of danger less than bot

sure you will, it’s not allowed. says so in the ToS

1 Like

Ever think that the ToS aren’t the ACTUAL rules?

is that like speeding irl?

The general consensus is:

Offline single player you’re pretty safe.

Online ladder you could be banned without warning at any time.

That’s the only answer you’ll hear that’s honestly balanced. People will say they know for sure, but they’re lying. Use at your own risk.

careful, they’ve banned offline single player for cheats too.

As I see it, anything that reads game data is grey area and you may get banned, but probably not. Anything that modifies the game data (the client) will definitely get you banned (or it should).

Do you have a source for that?

just player testimonials after the mapassist banwave.

playing Offline single player is still online and connected to bnet.

you can protect yourself from this by opening Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security / Outbound Rules, and blocking D2R.exe. just remember to connect clean once every 30 days.

Why would someone playing offline need map assist? My guess is they were banned because their account signed on with it active. Kind of sucks that they could get banned for it’s use in offline mode though, but it technically went online.

1 Like

Yeah?, then why they promote people using it publicly on streams? In their launcher?

They said any mod that just uses already seen data is fine. That they encourage those mods. And obviously they were speaking about battlenet because you can do anything with offline play.

I wish there was a good item filter out there. I’ve used them on battlenet a few times but I just don’t like the ones available. An official blizzard item filter is the highest on my wish list.

You’re welcome to use loot filters until Blizzard uses it as a reason to ban you. This will happen arbitrarily.