Lost items after server issues today

Was logged in during the login issues. When I logged back in just now, horadric cube was missing from my inventory. Not sure at what point the item could’ve been not saved to my character and I’m wondering what else might have been lost.

ur not alone! same here… loosing some HRs :frowning:

Hey there,

So the hard news is, if you lose progress due to a crash, disconnection or service issue, that progress is typically lost and cannot be recovered. It is always going to be a risk with such unexpected removals from the game you are in. This has been a thing even with the original game it’s just that the original game hasn’t seen any major changes or active service issues that could result progress loss so most player’s haven’t encountered it much in the last decade or so.

The devs are working on service issues to reduce the events that could result in progress loss but it will never likely be a 0% risk. (Please note that even in situations where the data is not actually gone, it cannot be recovered at the support level and would be dealt with by the developers if possible automatically)

Thank you for the response. Keep at it guys!

Feels good. LUL Thats a pretty harsh answer. Can you pass on a message that maybe, just maybe instead of reducing events that result in progress loss they actually eliminate them. Or is that to much to ask for a game that we all paid for to work correctly?

Also, I would like to know if blizzard is willing to give paying customers refunds based on the fact this game is substandard? I requested a refund on the second day and have got no response.

2 Likes

Before the server down today, I got the oculus around 30 mins from Hell Diablo with my Paladin before the server down. after the server is retrieve, my Oculus is gone… Please could you help to take a look. thanks a lot.

我今晚在你們伺服器發生問題前拿到眼球法杖, 重新登入後發現法杖不見了,打了很多天才拿到,求求你幫我跟進一下。

After server error, I lost all data.
I LOST MY TIME OF WEEKEND AND MONEY also.
Please fix it

i got a Lo rune 30 mins prior to the shuit down and i lost it too i guess…its sad to see a 20 yo game still crashes and nothing will be done to compensate the customer…thumb down

1 Like

Same issue here. Horadric cube was missing after log back in and some progression was lost.

So how do we get in touch with developer for them to deal with our individual issue of lost items?

1 Like

To be honest this answer is extremely disappointing.

You are saying that player’s data CAN be lost due to game issues and the game dev and publisher cannot and/or will not do anything?

I’ve played many online games and never got into such circumstances. You are definitely wrong. If you confirm that it’s Blz’s official policy then I need a full refund please.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me today on Duriel. Killed him, a unique ammy dropped i saw it, then hte game crashed. Naturally game was gone and when i killed him again “without quest of course,” he dropped 2 worthless blues and that’s it.

I don’t know what that ammy would have been but i’ll always be tortured by what it COULD have been.

If you’re seeking a refund, they won’t initiate it from your forum posts. You absolutely have to use the ticket system to accomplish that. Keep in mind if you have a lot of time played, you may not be eligible for one. But you can try to appeal.

So how my lv 86 SOR was rolled back to lv24? That was like 2 weeks ago. Please explain

I’m pretty blown away at what just happened to my sorcerer today. ALL of my gear is gone. My mind is blown. How can everything she was wearing just disappear? In all my years of online gaming, this has never happened to me. Not once. It’s absolutely disgusting. How can you expect anyone to continue investing time into this game when this is an actual possibility? This is beyond frustrating, Blizzard. Thanks for wasting everyone’s time with this pile of garbage.

Thanks for help. I would not try to initiate a refund ticket actually because I don’t think that the refund itself is worth all the trouble which can be predicted in the process. I’m just saying, the way they treat us paid users is just wiping us out.

Edit: though I can’t currently access my characters due to perhaps a different issue, I want to go on record that I tried logging in again on my sorceress and that all her gear was on her corpse! This is surprising since I hadn’t died, but at least I’m very happy to report I have all my gear.

That happened to me as well (actually fully deleted character, back after 10hours on Saturday Oct 9th) then she came back magically and a few hours behind where I left her.

That is simply unacceptable nowadays, period. It was completely understandable twenty-one years ago when the original game launched, but technology has made massive advancements in the past two decades and there is simply no reason at all that progress can’t be updated on the server in real time here in 2021. Clearly ActiBlizz pushed out yet another unfinished game that wasn’t ready for release …

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.