Loading Times PS4 Offline --> Instant death

I wrote this Replay in the console forum but a gamemaster told me to post it in the technical forum as well.

Basicly the point is: I die while the loading screen and i can´t attack or kill the uber bosses in Tristram because they spawn at the portal and kill me in the 15-20 sec loading screen on PS4 offline singleplayer… i can´t finish the game.

“IMO the programming is bad if bosses are allowed to kill you before you even enter the area. I wrote the Support because i can´t finish the game…i lost 9 keys and 3 organs and the whole weekend farming those for the event and lost all of them because i get a instant death message after enter uber tristram…
the only chance i see is a PC-Version so i can at least continue my chars and i think blizzard should give me a PC-Key in exchange for the PS4-Key…
i mean it´s not my fault that their can´t be finished on a PS4 with an HDD…”

I suspect what D2R is doing is using dynamic shader compilation on entering a zone for the first time and again any time the shaders have to be purged from VRAM (a commonplace occurence on consoles, which is why I’m surprised they didn’t go with precompiled shaders). The reason I suspect this is the case is because there is zero drive activity during the load screen for quite some time on all versions of the game.

There aren’t a huge number of different areas within any act that having precompiled shaders should be an issue. It’s desparately needed on consoles. Even on my PS5’s internal drive loading takes just as long as on my PC’s pokey SATA SSD that’s ten times slower.

1 Like

Your explanation and idea seems like something bliz could avoid with good programming but i’m not sure if they are realy interested in console fixings…in the end i will try to Upgrade my hdd to a ssd and hope that IT will work out. But tbh i’m Not willing to invest 9keys for uber Tristam Just to expierence the Same.
The Support told me that i only can hope for future fixes but maybe i should Just switch to my PC. :thinking: But i don’t want to spend 40€ for a 2nd Version…imo no fair policy

its happening in PC too, ive noticed my load times are longer now and it seems like it just stays there for much longer… really bad makes me almost not want to play…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.