Levelling with one element/physic

Here`s the thing. All the video on youtube shows endgame builds. How to get to them?

Some of them go all lightning with sorc. And just say - use infinity on merc… say what… where do i get infinity in level 65 char. I have to use two elements and even then shy away from dual immunes. So where all those guides to get you from level 65 to 85?

Fury javazon clear everything fast… when? After lvl 85? Trapsin also clears everything! When? After level 85?

Also all answers what to get for merc is - get that, get that which is “gettable” after lvl 80.

At the moment i can`t even do s**t in cold plains with 20 Frozen orb + 10 Cold mastery + 5 Ice bolt. As for cold immunes 20 hydra + 5 Fire mastery.

Runs of some fashion, baal, diablo, etc. I usually go single element for awhile, even to Hell. Cold preferred but depends on preference. Eventually mix in a second element, I like cold/fire. Around 80-85 I can have decent cold/fire with a weak lightning that my merc finishes off.

Infinity made/makes life smoother but is not the only way.

Edit: doing xp runs to 80-85 is easiest.

Im lvl 65 and starting hell and cant clear the first area…

1 Like

Watch MrLlama’s “let’s play” videos. He shows how to get everything you need there. They are long, but the idea is to “play along” and pause or skip ahead if you need. So put diablo 2 in a window, MrLlama’s video on the side (or you can use a phone\tablet if you don’t use headphones) and go play.

1 Like

It’s an ok build actually. I would not invest into ice bolt and do a bit more hydra though, but it shouldn’t be that bad.

Level 65 is a good level to start hell, you’ll be getting very good XP all the way through (monster levels start at 66 and grow rather slowly).

But you need some skill to execute it - sorc is squishy and when she cannot freeze the enemies she can get overrun. You’ve also chosen a dual-spec build which requires you to press many buttons, so the skill cap is quite high. Keep trying man, don’t give up. Teleport around, kite stuff and keep potting!

I actually have a 62 sorc with Frozen Orb + Hydra in act 3 hell right now. Just the basic gear on her - spirit sword\stealth\lore\ancient’s pledge and some random magics\rares in other slots for resists and a few mediocre charms. Also a lower resist wand on swap (helps a lot with hydra and static field!).

Also a forum tip for you - don’t use the backtick\grave accent character → ` ← instead of an apostrophe\single quote → ’ <–, it is used for highlighting\monospace font

Have watched many of his and dbrunksi videos but they all are for endgame. Or speedrunds. And i`m on laptop. So not much space to “split windows”

not the ones I am talking about. Look for these: https://www.youtube.com/c/MrLlamaSC/search?query=guided%20playthrough

As i test this on SP i kept a save file before respecting to full lighting. With lighntnig i got to level 70 easy in 20 minutes (catacombs). But i just understood that one element will not get me throughout the game, so i loaded back my character to level 65 and just thinking what to do.

p.s. i just want to decide with what character ill start ladder. At the moment the most great idea of mine is to level paladin first to get gear for my sorc and then level sorc to further boost my paladin. I want to try out FoHdin, but only when hes past all game content.

Two days ago dbrunski posted a video with 5k Mana (ES) lightening sorceress… but what the heck - what to do with all lightening immune monsters? Because 5k mana sorceress doesnt have any mana issues :slight_smile:

Do you have some twinked gear?

I played fireball/orb and a lightning/orb through all content.
Wanted to try something different, with the lightning sorc, but orb is just to effective, with the skillpoints invested.

Fireball/orb was totally alright, didn’t use a respec, just played with it, till the end.
Occy, spirit, shako and Tals are not that expensive and I think, I played with viper and a random +1 skill circlet in hell, until I could equip Tals Armor.

My guides :slight_smile: yo will find there druid and and sorceress

I have guide there for ES orb sorceress so might be usefull to you.

2 Likes

Untwinked.
My first character.

Also have the same gear that you mentioned earlier… Spirit, Stealth, Lore, Ancient pledge.
All other gear gambled for +10 FCR on each. Maybe i should have remainded on FB not Hydra

Started out with Fire ball but when FO become available switched(respected) to that.

Forget 5k mana, you need top equip for that which takes months to get. Frozen orb ES sorc is good enough so you can farm ancient tunnels/arachnid lar andariel and mehpisto.

Plenty of playthrough videos out there that will help you with this. LLama’s are excellent for many characters.

Do you even read what i said above?

They are all like - level this till level 30, then respec and then at lvl 85 do this.

No they arent. Try watching more than 1 video and painting them all with the same description.

Read my guide :slight_smile:

Also mrlama has full playthroughs on his channel also

You can honestly go full blizzard. Just skip all the cold immunes. That’s what teleport is for. Andariel’s room has no natural cold immunes. Once you get to Act 2, you can level all the way up to 93-94 by spam running Stony Tombs. Now you can respec if you feel like it.

Don’t expect your secondary spells to kill anything in hell until your mercenary is beefy and you’re level 80 or so. Cold immunes are generally going to be rushing at you full speed and running right past the hydras/meteors.

almost every of those builds require end game gear. While you level it’s diferent, more dificult. As sorc you have these options:

1-let your merc kill those inmunes.
2-skip the inmunes with teleport (probably the main reason why sorc have teleport, who knows… only original developers know it, i like to think this is the reason).
3-two elemental sorc, fireball/froozen orb or meteor/ frozen orb, your damage will be lower but you will be able to kill everything, once you are leveled and want to start farming you can change to a one element build again and farm specific places.

this game require a bit of think, it’s an “old school” game, here YOU win the things, YOU learn the things, YOU DO the things, the game it’s not going to give anything for free like modern games that give to you everything without any effort. That said there should be more ways to break inmunities of monsters or at least instead of being 100% inmune to damage they should get a huge damage reduction like 80% etc… (in other words, change the way that inminities work and make it more like MMORPG games where you make damage to inmunes but a lot less damage etc…)

You have teleport. Teleport past immunes… Only stop to kill non-immune boss packs. Everything else is a waste of time.

Your goal is just to beat the difficulty then go back and farm XP in areas without immunes like AT if you are going to solo.

You don’t need to kill anything in all of hell except Andy, Summoner, Duriel, Ismail Vilehand, Meph, 3 mob packs in Chaos, Diablo, Ancients, and Baal.

The only mobs in the game that you HAVE to kill that are cold immune are Toorc Icefist, Lord De Seis, and Korlic.