Legit asking, you think this is going to be it?

For Season3, do you think those 7-8 new runewords are all that we’re getting, or you think we’re getting more?
If this is all, you think this is the end of D2R before the launch of D4?
If this isn’t all, what do you hope they add/think they might add and haven’t announced yet?

Pretty sure that’s all its going to be unless some serious pushback happens.

The helmet cycle is too good if you want to survive(hardcore oriented, why care about survivability in softcore generally?) for its cost, way too efficient, needs a nerf on max res/sorb or more expensive runes(but not that expensive) to make it a choice instead of a no-brainer based on its efficiency. Basically a single res kiras u can make multiple of before finding anything that would make you stop using this(shako). You can make this helm and basically forget about anything else from level 31- up, this is more efficient.

Metamorphosis might break some druid meta, but thats it.

The claw seems underwhelming and probably not worth the runes, but i may be wrong.

The hustle runeword is a prebuff runeword in general, kind of a narrow item really. I might be able to find a use for the armor in hardcore pk, but i’m one person doing weird stuff, so maybe one person is going to find a use for the armor.

I don’t think adding more prebuff items is what this game needs.

1 Like

I’m having trouble understanding why they make runewords for leveling considering it takes less than a day to be 85 and then less than another day to completely replace those runewords and never use them again/not being able to trade them because they are completely worthless

Don’t they understand we play in hell, do endgame stuff 99% of the time?

2 Likes

Not everything has to be a high level runeword, you can ask all the people that die in hardcore on day 1 ladder how long they have to level for. If you are playing this game for PVM, play hardcore. Its been out 20 years and so has the AI. Its way too easy to be playing softcore for PVM(if you play PVM to make duelers, that’s different).

That being said, the rest of the runewords seem niche or underwhelming and don’t do enough for the end game both for softcore and hardcore. The claw is arguably a mid tier temp for a class that isn’t good at PVM and might be pvp usable early in ladder if u want to invest in something basic

The new Rune Words are only a portion of the content arriving with Patch 2.6, stay tuned for what else is to come when the Patch officially releases.

Source, under “PTR Focus and Details”:

:open_mouth:

20 characterszzzzzzzzzzz

yeah I just saw.
Thank god.
Imagine though if it had been just that…

Maybe they’re saving the best for last?
:man_shrugging:

Even if it is good, I’m sure we’ll get a dose of Debbie Downers.

2 Likes

Having read the article more closely, it doesn’t say more runewords. It might be, but its possible its something else entirely. PTR tomorrow.

after everything he see for season 3 with tz and the debacle of sundercharm dropping everywhere for the 2 first day of season 3 and not be test on this poor ptr and the dupe later on

i think these rune word are everything you get for season 4 ( personaly not going too waste my time with season 4 ) let hope i`m wrong for season 4 but i really douth, more and more i think d2re dev team is only 1 guy

Makes me curious what the rest is that doesn’t need testing (just some bug fixes and txt value adjustments, or something else but they’ve thoroughly tested internally?)

I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Things that are plausible that wouldn’t require testing:
Bug fixing.
Increased character count.
Rune/Gem shared tab.

Things that I’d like to see come:
In-game trading post.

2 Likes

Rune/gem shared/stackable tab would be nice enough that I feel they wouldn’t need to add much more after that tbh
I would love something to do about buffs - consumables/charms where you triple the duration of a buff/make it permanent until death/new game, whether that is craftable, buyable, findable, etc.

I’m thinking like El+Io+El+Full rejuv = Refresh duration of buffs for a full 6 minutes, could be cool

I would like to see the 2.5 changes be brought into Singleplayer in 2.6. I’m largely a single-player dude, so I would love to have access to hell points or whatever they’re called, and the resist charms, etc., etc., and not have to rely on mods for it.

1 Like

The Hustle Rune Word is being added as an early mobility option, providing increased Movement Speed without the teleport aspect of the Enigma Rune Word.

Yeah no. I dont feel like replacing Spirit + Stealth + Teleport Charges Staff for this. There goes our Enigma alternative hopes.

I bet the devs genuinely thought these were absolutely awesome runewords that everyone would love. They have no clue what they are doing. I wouldn’t put it past them to add a few more bad runewords in the next week.

2 Likes

i hope they revert all changes they’ve added to d2:R and make it “the same game we know and loved” like they said it would be.

look at where it is now, nowhere near that…

if the game needed changes before this, the community wouldn’t STILL be playing it, making mods, and all that. but the game was amazing how it was, and now it’s getting worse…

here he go guy i`m 110% on spot

saw what you wrote here, who/where/what and which ones?

this devs teams additions are always horrendous, who cares…