Ladder Rank 10 Necro Hybrid Build

Hey everyone, I am hereby sharing my hybrid bone/summon necro build. This build is specifically designed to kill P8 bosses as fast as possible, without having to worry about raising an army each game. Patch 2.4 buffed Bone Spear/Bone Spirit synergies, so it is a bit easier to reach high damage by also using a hybrid necro build.

For ladder Season 1, the build relies on heavy physical and magic damage, so it combines the best of both worlds. Bone Spirit and Bone Spear damage lead the way for magic damage whereas your mercenary empowered by Beast Fanaticism leads the way for physical damage.Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Enjoy the vid!

3 Likes

k honesty here.

it’s terrible.

i mean the worst decision was going beast instead of white or something useful for plus skills. beast is just dumb when you have weak summons.

i mean if you’re just going to be a typical boring corpse exploding clone, why not empower your bone spells more and just leave the summons as meat shields instead of wasting might merc and beast on them.

anyways it’s just the same ol boring plain ol corpse exploder but with strong emphasis bone spears for some reason

here’s some advice, you already dumped the house into beast, just cap skellies, forget bone spear. i mean you even have enigma for gawd sakes.

i mean honestly you should just get a White and give the beast to your summon druids and call it a day gg, nice booner, nice bearboy.

what you’re doing now is like a kid that loves pizza and also loves cake, but you make a cake pizza and it isnt going to taste good i’ll tell you that for a fact.

Following on your hate on my dclone post, I also see you are also being toxic here as well?

From the looks of it you did not understand anything about the build. It’s a very fast paced P8 boss killer which does not rely on raising an army. It is extremely versatile.

Your advice is bad btw. I still suggest you go see a doctor asap.

you lied in that video, and all i can think is that someone so dishonest and so bad at understanding builds and mechanics must be someone who cheeses and probably buys their gear from d2jsp and doesnt even know how to use it.

your build video is funny because it just Urdars crushing blow doing all the damage and any necro with 1 point in revive can do this forever. Did you just start playing d2 in the last few years? no veteran would even bother making a video like this, it’s pretty common knowledge that Urdars do this.

Wow, I just don’t tolerate toxic people like yourself.

I will just ignore your posts from now on, because obviously you have no idea about what you are talking about.

2 Likes

well, at least i dont have to compensate for lack of knowledge and skill with 3rd party website forum $$$.

Very cool! Have you timed different builds for boss killing speed? Different balances of skill points shared by bone and summon may be more effective, or do you know you have the fastest boss killing skill invenst? Have you heard of bramble testing that macro bio boi did? (Should You Make Pride + Beast on Summon Necro? In-depth Testing | Diablo 2 Resurrected D2R Season 2 - YouTube) His work indicated that bramble’s thorn aura to increase boss killing speed as much as might aura from merc.

1 Like

Hey thanks. This was a S1 build. In optimal conditions summon necro with full army + revives etc kills bosses fastest. But in fast paced ladder xp farm games summoning the army and managing it eat away precious time. There are classes which can simply buff with CTA and jump right into action. So it really depends on the scenario:
1- Assume ubers: Summon Necro is best obviously
2- Assume S1 CBaal Runs: Bone Necro is best because it operates with Merc+Bone Spear/Spirit anyway
3- Assume S2/S3 TZ Runs: Bone Necro and/or Poison Necro will be best choices because they can get going really fast.

Bramble is a decent choice for Summon Necro. It does have its advantages and disadvantages. That being said, Bramble is a GREAT choice for Poison Necro because it helps the spec kill bosses easier since Poison Nova is bugged (Poison tick does not register damage if army or other damage sources interfere). Bramble’s disadvantage is that it requires the boss / your enemy to use melee attacks to hit your army. This is a bit less optimal obviously since agro is a problem (if your merc takes agro he takes 2x damage and if your golem/army takes agro they take 4x damage so you want army/golem to take agro optimally) it literally does not work against casters (Thorns obv). IT is however, as I said, great boss killer for poison necro. You still need to take the might aura merc though, and equip him with Bramble for best result imho.

1 Like

Macro’s research indicated that you need to use Bramble on a might merc along with a fire golem to take agro and amp damage to make sure the boss is not slowed. Deviate on one of these things and you lose the whole point of the thorns aura. Clay golem and decrep slow the boss down lowering the damage returned, while the fire golem holds agro and takes 4x damage maximizing the damage return.

As you are basically adding Bramble into an already expensive build you will have enough + to skills to make the skellies and golem tanky enough not to die quickly when the bosses are not slowed.

1 Like