Ladder ❤ events

Probably no special even for this fist season.

But if we look at some of the events from D3 it could be stuff like extra EXP and gold, unique items and gems or temporary buff effects.

It can be used as a test bed to features they might bring to the base game.

Is this a recent statement from Twitter/Reddit or did I miss something big in previous patch/ladder announcements?

Yeah imagine a Speedrun Ladder: 1. solo overall + 2. solo for each class + 3. 8 players teams. Basically speedrun records. Game automatically starts your timer when you enter game.

Then imagine a Holy grail Ladder: 1. solo any class + 2. solo one class only + 3. 8 players grail (Team grail, any member donates its drops)

Then imagine a “Den of Evil” quest on all areas, simply clearing whole areas, who ll be first.

And imagine the game will automatically mark it off list when you identify item.

1 Like

yes in the end of the big announcement he said they will announce some ladder events soon:
“We do have some great community events and plans for the Ladder launch, which we will be revealing in the coming weeks.”

2 Likes

First 5 players to retweet something on tweeter will have an instant lvl 99 character. :laughing:

2 Likes

All I keep thinking about is some sort of ladder buff, first thing that I’m guessing is a minor XP boost. After all, the ladder length is reduced versus the original game. The grind up to 99 is not what many would consider ‘fun’. I sure as hell ain’t trying to reach 99. I like the game, but not that much. :stuck_out_tongue:

We’ll see.

5 Likes

Sounds more like Dev round tables and joining streamers over anything game side, we will see though.

I just hope they focused on the core issues still plaguing the game and that could/will plague the first ladder, instead of stupid flashy publicity crap.
If they can do both, all for it. If they can only do 1 or the other, focus on making the game experience, what we expect and deserve. Hell, what was promised, deliver!

3 Likes

They will probably find a way to add a battle pass. So they can get more $ every ladder.

1 Like

They probably mean streamer based events. lol

5 Likes

:unamused:
If so, you can count me out!

Here to kill monsters and find loot. Not to subscribe, not click notification bell, not help rack up streamers earned advertisement dollars, etc.

7 Likes

was my thought as well, hope we will not be too disappointed by the announcement :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Particularly compelling on hardcore!

think something like uniques, or maybe even skill limitation (maybe something like a ladder without teleport or so? or immune mix up). or maybe a new event like anni? something like a raid boss or so forwhich you have to farm something at a place we usually ignore.

3 Likes

First Enigma player sentenced to play S27 in D3 for life.

2 Likes

The first 100 enigmas created on ladder come without teleport :slight_smile:

3 Likes

First player to kill Diablo gets a free Generic white t shirt that says Diablo in black bold letters and underneath it a 2

1 Like

I like the idea of special events, but I’d like to stay away from D3’s idea of raining loot for special events. Things like rare and crafted only seasons would be neat, or just changing up ways we need to itemize in general without making the game feel like poo poo, but also in ways that don’t make the game easier. That’s a tough thing to balance out but I am optimistic we can see some cool things happening

3 Likes

This is actually a great idea lol, I bet it would be a fun interesting ladder

2 Likes

10/10 yes please lolol

2 Likes

Dcs, queues and lag all day long

2 Likes