Ladder ends next week

3 Day old Thread that finally has a blue post about one of the most important features of diablo 2 LOD and you can see how extremely low the hype is.

I mean its got like a 120 replies and 6.7k Views.

They sold 5 MILLION copies. This is an extremely low turnout on these forums. The in game participation rate is even lower.

pfft.

A SSF ladder would be bloody amazing. I hope upon hope its that.

Loot filter isnt a big deal, nor a pretty big deal. Ingame trading could be a pretty big deal, but i dont think its that.

Content, or SSF ladder. Either will do nicely.

1 Like

Been waiting patiently for classic stash tab :frowning: please don’t forget us.

1 Like

Pretty much the same process they have for D3. Get the PTR sorted, then announce end of season, release the patch the week the new season starts. Tried and proven to work.

Ouch seems like you are either bad at math or you just really have no clue about the game. WW got hard nerfed in endgame

1 Like

People don’t hang around on the forum.
6.7k of 5M is 0.134%, and keep in mind that this is the US forums only. 0.134% of the playerbase being on the forum seems about right to me.

Official communication on this forum is clinically dead …
Views just reflect this…

Waiting for update this week about SEASON END , NEW SEASON , NEWS… Just any news … its so sad to read unofficial news everywhere that Season1 end is 28.08.2022 and on 23.08.2022 Blizzard didnt announce anything…
Please do somehing!

1 Like

The date you mentioned can be ignored. Blizzard already said that the ladder reset will be delayed.

3 Likes

I’d like to see testing and patches done on a different server and done on their own schedule than ladder reset. ladder reset is the breath of people playing d2r, if you don’t reset it, people stop playing and its a great game, please reset the ladder and run ptr and ptr updates etc apart from ladder resets.

1 Like

want to see ladder reset when promised in 3 days. run your ptr patches and monthly drag outs on another server. Don’t ruin ladder resets with updates and patches that bug the game for months and make everyone wait 6-8 months for a ladder reset.

2 Likes

What you want, and what reality is are two different things. If you want seamless ladder resets, the original is still there.

These ptrs are necessary for updates, and while they were different in the original game, the original game did have test versions of patches before rollout.

1 Like

So ladder starts the day after tomorrow?

Ladder reset likely won’t be until mid/late September at the earliest I think. I’m guessing the rough timeline will look like this:

1. PTR announced this week (guessing Thursday Aug 25)
  2. PTR runs for 2 weeks (Aug 29 - September 9 or so, they have a big “feature” that needs testing)
  3. At least 1 week for PTR feedback
  4. Patch 2.5 releases Sept 20
  5. Ladder resets Sept 30

Was hoping for a PTR post today since it’s Tuesday but that’s looking unlikely, Blizz tends to post announcements in the morning and it’s already past 12:30 PM PST.

1 Like

Didnt bloke say news could be week? I really doubt we will have anything by 29th.

Int it the release anniversary a month today? I doubt PTR will be done by then.

Everything always takes ages in all games.

I hope the big change is to add a sarcastic heart to the forums.

How about complete offline mode, period.

2 Likes

ladder has never been on time. and its stupid to tell me that because i want what they said they will do, i should play a crap version of the game. they could just run patches on another server and keep their word on the ladder reset. were gonna be screwed for like 3 months waiting on a ladder reset.

1 Like

At least now you know what you are getting for Christmas :eyes::rofl:

2 Likes

Ladder mode really needs that XP fix. No one really talks about it on this forum, but players shouldn’t be encouraged to boost other players even if it’s technically “legit” or has been done for years. It’s just garbage design and in my opinion wasn’t truly intended.

Instead players should be encouraged to group up and grind in a party of 8 players with everyone getting an even distribution of XP. That way the average player joining Baal or Chaos runs gets a fair shake in competition and it evens out the playing field. That’s what would make regular ladder enjoyable and highly motivating for the average player. And then an SSF mode would just be the cherry on top.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

What could they do to make it work? What if there was an XP bonus for players within a 2 screen proximity so that the XP ends up being the same for the party and someone soloing Diablo/Nithilak by themselves?

It wouldn’t be needed if you wouldn’t lose xp at baal/dia with a full party and if those 3 weren’t the only mobs giving lvl 97+ toons significant xp.

1 Like