Keybinds keep getting reset to default

When I attempted the stated workaround, I found the files in question were already named in CAPS despite my character name displaying correctly (with only the first letter capitalized). I renamed them to match that and now it seems to be working as intended. (Will update if there are any differences with other character files.)

This is still an issue for me. I have tried all the workarounds. I have used custom key binds since forever for all my skills, this game is currently not playable for me right now. I keep logging on daily just to see if it is fixed.

1 Like

I am still having this issue, have been for many days now. I have tried all the workarounds. Playing established characters many months old, version 1.1.67554 region americas playing online. Every time I start a new game key bindings reset to default.

1 Like

still not fixed. Trying all the workarounds every day. .ctlo and .keyo files all caps, all lowercase, just first letter caps.
I’ve been playing this game for decades. Was stoked as a mofo when resurrected came out and have been having a blast but this is a deal breaker for me. I use a completely different key setup for reasons I don’t need to explain. Having to reset ever single time I join a game is a non starter for me. This is making me really sad. I feel like I’m going to get banned for posting so much but I just want to play the game.

1 Like

Just to give you guys a summary of what happened, so you’re not confused:

Char names were changed to all uppercase, causing keybinds not to save/load (unless file was renamed to uppercase). Workaround discovered and posted (with several confirmed working).

2 days later, Blizzard implemented a “fix”, which set all char names back to normal, thus breaking this workaround. Solution for anyone who implemented workaround: Put your .keyo and .ctlo files back to normal casing. Should be all good again!

You can delete the file. The game will automatically create a new savefile. That should work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.