Keybindings not being saved

The keybindings settings are only available from within a game and when I leave and make a new game the settings get reset to their defaults. They seem to only change for the current game you’re in and then as soon as you leave the game they get reset.

6 Likes

Same. Also I would like to make my own “default” custom keybindings to each new character

Same issue her, tried literally everything like default bindings, to removing bind, whatever I do it won’t save. And “one” of my binds keeps being bound even after its removed… result is I have to rebind my active skills for each new game I made.
It seems like the server that store the data is not accepting the clients data or something like that.
(I also have overlay map issues and it seems to be related to the binding problem) Where I can see my old games map ontop of my newly discovered map.

1 Like

I had a problem with “R” for Run not working. Had to change it to another letter, apply, then save. Exit D2R. Created new game it had saved the binded control, set it back to “R”, apply then saved and exited game. Created new game & “R” worked for run. Don’t know if you did apply, save & then exited D2R, but evidently apply then save needs to be done in order. Don’t know if this helps but good luck!

Not a bug. Keybindings are per character. I guess that way you can have custom keymaps for each character. To save the keymaps, make sure you click both “save custom” and “apply” buttons.

And when I do this, it just ignores what I’ve done and goes back to the old keybind. Example, i can’t bind Force Stand Still to space, after I save it, it goes back to shift.

Okay, messed around with this some more. You DO NOT have to click the “Save Custom” button. You just have to click “Apply”. Then, when you click exit and save to return to the main screen, click play and your keybindings should still be there.

Clicking the “save custom” just saves the keymap as Custom.key in your save game folder. You can use this to then make a copy for a new character. That saves you from manually rebinding the custom keys.

6 Likes

I did this multiple times. After leaving a game and creating a new one the keybinds get reset to their defaults. Same character, the game is the only thing that changed.

Set new skills up.
Override or accept new custom keys, click yes.

THEN

Below that, click the ‘Accept’ button. Dont just ESC out.

1 Like

The save button save your current keybinds to custom. Then you can restore them to other character by clicking the Default button. You are given option to choose between Legacy, Resurrected or Custom keybinds.

Not very obvious at first