Just want everyone know

Our computer MET the minimum requirement.

1 Like

we meet specs. just dont support avx. when we could play beta im sure that meant we had min specs lol

just a bit ridiculous to “inadvertently” add avx check for launch

JUST LET MY PPL PLAY

1 Like

the minimum cpus have AVX so no you don’t meet the requirements for the game just because you didn’t need it for a test doesn’t mean they can’t release a product that requires the minimum spec.

Yes it sucks and you should refund if you are mad about it but the fact of the matter is that they should be able to use any feature that is in the minimum requirements.

what cpu do you have? because i would bet money it doesn’t meet the min specs.

Lets get the specs out here first.

Now that we have that in view. It doesn’t specify anything about AVX. There are also different versions of AVX (AVX, AVX2, AVX-512) per the utility. If that is an important detail, they should specify it on that page.

Moving on. I have an older MSI GT60 Dominator.

I’ve upgraded it (clean install) to Windows 10. All drivers are up to date. I ran HWINFO64 to check if I have AVX. It shows as green (available) in the summary tab. Yet. I still get the AVX error on launch.

2 Likes

All I am saying is if World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 works on me, Diablo 2 Resurrected should work fine.

If your rig has incompatibility issues, you should see it on World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Heroes of the Storm, and Overwatch too.

there blizzard itself tells you that you are wrong…not all ofc but lots of us meet the requirements (told by blizzard) and thats the reason they are fixing it. And no, they are not trying to fix it “for us”, it’s a bug, and it’s their fault, blizzard itself said that.

1 Like

Comcast can’t afford nicer processors?

nah , its about avx, SC, overwatch etc dont use AVX , but in D2R they “inadvertently included” AVX just before the release and thats the reason some cpus cant launch it, and blizzard itself said this is a bug, cause D2R shouldn’t use AVX

theres the today update btw just a few mins ago

in my case i7 980, never went above 30-35% load during the beta… not to mention if I OC it, then it goes to 4,2Ghz, but not needed for this game at all.
GPU RX580 8Gb
16Gb DDR3
… nah I ran the beta at 1080p 60fps without problems, 1440p resolution scaled down to 85-90% to achieve 55 fps on average…

The minimum CPUs have AVX, but what the game is requiring is AVX2.

the problem is that for the average mortal, CPU technical specs are not known. You see they require as minimal one model of CPU and what you do is checking if your CPU is newer or older and how powerful is compared each other. Besides, there are far newer CPUs than the min required that does not support AVX, the AVX thing should have been mentioned in a explicit way.
Then we all tried the beta and it ran perfectly, so there was no doubt we could play it… but suddenly at launch we can’t launch…

Edit: they have admited that AVX was introduced inadvertently, so it would never be our fault after all.

Seriously Blizzard needs to get their act together. This is the biggest launch fail I would say. There was so much hype about it, I am very disappointed. I bought the game one week ago and have been able to play maybe 3 hours all together, it either crashes or I am unable to launch. This is a joke…

you sure it’s the avx error? have you posted about this in the tech support forum? you should not have a problem with avx unless msi did something wonky with the bios to disable it.

At ~12 noon PDT

dat sux bro.

Level 49 on my necro and plowing through nightmare. Really enjoying this, and it’s been problem free.

you guys need to chill the F out. They didn’t even know there would be a problem, now they have to figure out WHY there’s a problem before they can actually FIX the problem. This stuff doesn’t happen in days. RCA processes can take months
this doesn’t make them liars
it doesn’t mean they allocated time improperly
it means there’s an issue, and they’re working on it.

1 Like

I have the same problem with my desktop. I even take it to my friend that know how to fix most pc problems. We could not fix it. All it did was pop up a error screen with different codes every time. When I got home I load the game in to my surface pro and I was able to play but my surface does not met the min specs at all.

They even Change the post topic in tech forum to “older processor” .
It’s makes other looks like it’s OUR problem.
Considering their attitude they towards us in the past two week. I believe it won’t be fix in the coming month. Even after ladder .