"It's a remaster, not a remake" they keep saying

So if D2R, due to changes becomes Project D2R, or more like some of the new games coming out or already out. Or some other mod. Where it is no where near the original you don’t think it comes close enough to bait and switch. You better take another look at the advertisement of the store page.

I am sure if you are a player of the original D2:LOD and see the advertisement at Blizz store for D2R. The shop advertisement says; “The same classic Diablo 2 game play you remember.” Now tell me where that makes it okay for D2R to change into being more like one of the mods for the original D2. Or where the game changes even more to become more like Last Epoch, Path of Exile, etc… I am sure a new player to D2R and see the game is more like PoE then they would say bait and switch.

As long as the gameplay is simular its all good. Maybe u wanted a copy paste game but thats not what they promised. They also stated in interviews that more changes are being discussed. So infact i would question them if they didnt add new things. If i wanted d2 as it is i just play d2 classic. Alrdy bought it years ago and i didnt buy d2r and expecting there to be no updates.

It all comes down to the wording. Do we have a definition of what classic gameplay means? We dont. Everyone have their own opinion in that matter. If u ask a person like lama the gameplay is ruined if u change a small sound effect. While if u ask someone else its nothing ppl care about and dont believe it have any impact on the gameplay.

Does adding new content harm or change the classic gameplay? If they add GR i could still play the game the same way. GR existing doesnt make the gameplay change. Adding new runewords does that affect the classic gameplay? U still farm for runes and hunt for items there being more things doesnt change how the game is being played. U might have more options or more ways to play the game but u could still play the game the same way.

Again it comes down to the definition. As there is no clear definition they have freedom. Also they have informed u before that those things could happen. Infact they even stated they willing to do bigger changes if the community wants it. Will they? Who knows. They been open about it, so its not rly a bait and switch.

This excites me to no end.

Yes. Absorb Shields displayed on HP was completely removed from the game.

They cant fix IAS bug or make Whirlwind work like in legacy. 3-whirl is basically broken.

But sure its great idea for them to touch complex balance :man_shrugging: not…

1 Like

It’s not that complex once you stop seeing things in absolutes.
You make a perfect build for all classes
You make alternative builds for unused skills
You use one class as the Benchmark (the paladin, obviously)
You look at the damage output of each build
You increase the damage of underperforming skills until they come close to being equal.
Really, as long as you do it with end game gear… You’ll know how it will perform.
If you mess it up the bowazon suddenly clears a whole screen with one click, you lower the damage until the clear speed is comparable with the Javazon’s clear speed (and that’s pretty fast because the javazon is OP)

This is the whole point as long as it is similar then it should be fine.

I hope that the new stuff they have discussed is for the lobby to fix the issues with the lobby. That is unless the players that are complaining about the lobby are lying.

While true you have to be careful of what you are adding as new content and how it will affect the rest of the game. The new stuff added won’t have legacy mode because it is in Diablo 2.

Also what you are forgetting is that games had a time when they were considered complete truly complete where only bug fixes and balance changes were made. There are players that play games that always add new content and say I am playing an eternal beta of this game because it is not complete, not truly complete to them.

Now that works for MMOs due to how they are designed or PoE because of how it is designed.

What you don’t understand is that if I owned a PS5 and could play RC Stunt Copter that was released in 1999, yes a 22 year old game. If I could play it as it was then with only a graphics update due to being a PS5 then I would do that in a heartbeat. Because that game was fun to play.

The person talking to you in ways that would make you laugh at yourself for some of the silly mistakes you made in that game. Let’s say you are doing the first landing with a captain’s copter. Let’s say you land on the pad with the rudder he might say; “No, go ahead and cry, I’m crying.” or “Helicopter parts for sale.” The same is true for some other games in the Gran Tursimo series for PlayStation as well. And I don’t need anything new for it because those games are a blast for me to play.

I know what I did buy and didn’t buy. I bought D2R, not Project D2R, Path of D2R, D3R (if they D3’ize it), etc… I am saying that Blizz had better draw a line in the sand saying they won’t add certain things because it goes against what they said in their advertisement. False advertising and bait and switch are serious lawsuits not to be trifled with.

There is no way that I would agree to having GRs from D3 in D2R. Keep that stuff in D3 with its mad paragon chase where it belongs.

Yes it will change things, that is unless they make weak rune words that hardly no one would want. The danger with new rune words is that in order for them to be useful they have to be stronger than others that would be in the same range as they are in. Like if it is new rune words in the lower tiered category (El to Ort). Then they would have to be stronger than the other ones or they won’t see anyone using them.

New content in that way has the danger of introducing power creep and there are players that don’t like power creep. Even though it doesn’t change the overall picture it still poses things that may not be great for the game.

If the changes make the game a spitting image of mods like Project Diablo, Path of Diablo, Median XL, etc… Or games like Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, etc… I am sure players would tell them that is not a good idea and stop playing entirely. We know what we bought. You might be cool with giving them no limitations to the point where the only thing that remains from the original D2:LOD is the title D2R, story, monsters and the names of the classes. I know that I am not and Blizz had better draw a similar line in the sand as well.

I hope that the new stuff they are thinking about is for the lobbies. I have heard in other threads that lobbies need a lot of TLC. That is unless they are lying about that. Plus maybe change how the Diablo clone is spawned.

Some changes might not fit your preferences though. U should be prepared on that.

As far as we know they talked about balance, rune words etc. So something more than just “fix”.

They are careful. But adding content doesnt need to be affecting the old content. Again if u want fries to steak it should be fine. If its optional i dont see the harm.

Blizzard arent making box games anymore. Its live service. U also heard that nothing is perfect and things can always improve. Also d2 wasnt rly done when they left it. They stopped supporting it cause of d3 was under the way.

Evolution, its 2021 most games evolve until they die. I can recommend u to read about David Harvey. There will always be ppl who are afraid of changes and those who embrace it.

Dont tell me what i dont understand, i do understand your concern. I just dont value your opinion higher than anyone elses. Ppl have different opinions and thats something u need to understand. The fanbase is larger and have ppl with variety of opinions. There is no right or wrong. But blizzard will go with what the majority wants.

And thats your relationship to games. Its a purely emotional opinion. Ppl have different experiences and have other values. Everyone doesnt think alike. If we did everyone would wanna marry the same girl/boy.

And i recommend u to read the interviews and read the advertisement properly. Alrdy explained it to u. A steak wont turn into a burger because u add fries. It is d2r and will stay d2r even if u dont like all changes or additions it gets. Its not d2 classic either and wont be.

Your opinion. None force u to play GR even if it got added. If its something ppl like why shouldnt it be added? Because its in d3? In that case u pretty much cant anything since most ideas are taken from other games.

Emotional statement. Your experience and what is the classic gameplay differs from other ppls. U can say it does affect your gameplay and be right. But other ppl could say it doesnt and be right aswell.
There is no true definition of classic gameplay. Thats what im trying to explain to u. Its in blizzards hands do decide what they believe is the classic gameplay and preserve it if thats what they wish for. D2 had runewords added and new runewords added for ladder in the classic version aswell.

U just have something against other games or mods. Again ideas will be taken from different games. Wont make d2r anything other than d2r.

Thats what u wish for. However some ppl are requesting those things aswell. Otherwise it wouldnt be considered. Quick cast, force walk are things which been requested and both exist in d3. U might not like it but alot of ppl do. I love force walk no matter if there is a few ppl who think it doesnt belong in d2.

Its not about what im fine with. Its about how much they can stretch the definition of classic gameplay. I do want d2r to evolve and see how good it actually can be. If i wanted the original game i would have bought d2r.

Look I have stayed with games for years that have made changes that have left my head scratching like D3. So yes as long as Blizz doesn’t cross the lines that I have drawn then I will still play D2R.

Just like I have my lines that I won’t cross Blizz better have their lines they won’t cross.

That is only might happen, not will happen. What are the ones that say that lobbies need a lot of TLC are lying.

That depends on how it is done.

So D3 was the great improvement huh. I do say that a lot of other players would disagree with that.

Also I would love to see the original Big Four of Blizz North in an interview say that they would’ve done so much more with D2 if they hadn’t left and the company was closed.

But there are some games and players that love them so much that they don’t need anything added to it at al. They will be able to play them for years to come without anything new being added.

I still say that Blizz had better draw some lines in the sand. Where they won’t cross those lines no matter what. If they don’t have any lines or listen to the wrong players then there will be trouble.

Thank you for opening up my eyes. I didn’t buy D2R with the intentions of it staying D2R. I bought it with the intentions of it becoming Median XL D2R, D3D2R, Grim Dawn D2R, etc… That is what those interviews said will happen right. I am pretty sure they didn’t say that.

I am not so unique that I see myself where no one would feel the same way that I feel about certain matters. Sure their reasons for feeling the same way are different than mine but the feelings are the same. It is called having people with like minds.

It depends on what is taken from them. Porting the huge passive skill wheel from PoE along with the skill gem system would cause a lot of players to quit D2R. Is it likely to happen, no. But if it did then players will leave and probably will have an affect on the sales of the other games as well.

That is borderline at best so I am not letting that bother me because I wasn’t totally surprised it would be part of the game.

How much can they stretch it to where it comes near the breaking point without going over. Well if Blizz hasn’t drawn any lines in the sand and listens to the wrong players then there will be trouble.

For some ppl yes. Some things are better in d3. Its a matter of opinion. Obv in d2 forum there be ppl who prefer d2. Doesnt mean d3 didnt have good things.

Again its a matter of opinion. Just cause a game is good and that some ppl dont need more it doesnt mean it cant be better.
There are ppl who wants more and think it needs more.

Listening to the purists could be the wrong approach aswell. They wanna satisfy as many ppl as possible. So trying to please the majority which might be ppl who want more changes might aswell be the right thing to do. According to the surveys which been presented they seem to be the majority. In the end the future will tell.

U seem to jump your own conclusions alot. U have a negative thinking pattern and just see things in Black and White. Just cause there be changes it doesnt mean it be a copy of another game. The interviews stated that they have ideas for the future and are open to changes like new rune words and balance.

But u shouldnt act as if u think like the majority. We dont know what the majority wants. In the end its only your opinion. Some might agree and some wont. We cant start treating opinions as fact.

Opinions. Again what fits and what doesnt depends who u ask. All things will be under discussion. New changes will most likely be added 1 by 1, it isnt package deals. There is ptr coming aswell so it seem like they want to try things out before adding them.

Thats another question. However with the definition they have alot of freedom before they would fall for false advertisement. And even if they did step over they still have the ToS which gives them more protection.

I wouldnt say there is right and wrong ppl. Just cause someone doesnt agree with u it doesnt mean they are wrong. Its ppl with different opinions. Both purists and d3/poe etc players have the right to have their opinions. It all comes down to what they like. I believe everyone have some valid points. Blizzard would take those ideas and discuss them and implent depending what they majority wants or what they see fit.

In a pre-release interview, Blizzard/VV did state that they were taking inspiration from the D2 mod community to inform what changes to introduce in D2R.

See:
Diablo 2: Resurrected takes inspiration from the mod scene | PCGamesN

It reads:

“Diablo 2: Resurrected design lead Rob Gallerani says that in many cases, the mods that hardcore Diablo 2 players are using now have served as signposts for which elements of the to update and modernise for the Resurrected version. “When we approached quality of life in this game, we definitely wanted to take the route of making the game more accessible, but not easier,” he tells us. “It is a nice kind of litmus test to know, ‘oh, this audience – the hardcore audience – they like these types of things.'””

1 Like

Ugh, I had not even had that thought… you are probably right.

This isn’t entirely true. New runewords could be added and all runewords could end up tailored for more controlled build types if the skill system gets modified to where all skills become useful. Imagine more build flexibility and gear tailored more specifically to certain builds. However, I don’t see people wanting runewords like Enigma weakened a little and more runewords equal to it.

Hell yeah, I remember reading patch notes with passion to a point where I once printed the 1.10 one and read the whole thing during a car trip.

@Coreander

I am not saying that D3 doesn’t have good things. But what it did bad is what shouldn’t be part of D2R.

Look does D2R really need to have more to keep our attention. I say no it doesn’t, it along with D3 can actually hold our attention long enough till Diablo Immortal and D4 launch.

The new stuff that I want to see first is the TLC the lobbies need. That is unless you have provided proof that they don’t need it.

Great idea zero limits, give Blizz the carte blanche to take an unannounced project and sell it in the guise of a D2 remaster. After all Blizz this guy along with others says it is okay. It won’t hurt anything at all right. They could turn D2R into a totally different game that isn’t even a Diablo game. Where even the title, names of classes, story and monsters change right. Then maybe make us buy the game that D2R changes into in order to milk more money out of us right.

But you have to remember there are no limits as I said above. So without limits this game should and will become a totally different game. Where it won’t be D2R anymore. Where Blizz gets away with selling us an announced project in the guise of a D2 remaster. Then maybe milks us again when they do change it to the game they originally wanted to sell to us.

I am not saying I am part of the majority or minority. I am just stating that I am not so unique that no one in the entire world wouldn’t share my feelings on the matter regardless if we have different reasons for feeling the same way.

But what you can do is stop trying to treat me like I am Mr. Unique. Where no one in the entire world would never share my feelings about anything. Because you might be setting yourself up for a big disappointment when you find out otherwise. More so if there are more like me than even I can imagine.

You actually believe that PoE’s skill gem system could be fine without the passive skill wheel. I know what to say about that you are crazy if you think that can happen. Without the passive skill wheel you will not have anywhere near as powerful of a character as you think. You might not even have a struggle to do white maps or even the clear act 10 without the passive wheel.

You really believe that the ToS and the EULA protects them from false advertising well you might be surprise to find out how wrong you are on that one. They don’t have the carte blanche to do what they please with impunity.

So you are saying like others that Blizz the carte blanche to take and sell what would originally have been an unannounced project as a D2 remaster. Where it will stay that way till they want to change it and that is just fine for you and others like you.

Without any limits set they are given the full freedom to do the above and everyone according to you will love it. Or at least more than enough players will love it. I think you are wrong on this idea.

There is a big difference using something as inspiration and actually copying and pasting the mod when changes are implemented.

I don’t think you would be able to make the level one attack skills useful in endgame. It has the danger of feeling OP’d early on then as the enemies get higher in the levels the skill will feel weaker because the monsters are approaching the actual level that the skill was designed to handle.

So u agree that d3 have good things. So whats bad implementing good things into d2r if it would fit or if its being optinal?

It does. Might not need more for u but alot of ppl think otherwise.

And there is d2 classic if u want no changes. This is d2 forum. If ppl want to play d2 and want changes they have the right to ask for those. Blizzard even requested feedback.

Great idea zero limits? U just jump conclusions again. Im simply stating they have alot of freedom and we dont know whats good for the game. There is something between massive changes and no changes. Stop seeing things in black and white.

U saying they have no limits. I said they got alot of freedom since they been very vague in the description. Again its just u being stuck in black and white thinking. Having alot of freedom doesnt mean there is no limits nor does it mean they will break the limits. It simply just means they could if they want to. U the one acting as if u can start a lawsuit while im explaining u simply cant. U overreacting and letting your emotions take over your arguments.

Then u should accept that ppl have different opinions. And telling blizzard what they can and cant do when u simply just 1 person and cant speak for the whole fanbase.

Im not. Im treating u like one of the purists who are afraid of changes. U should stop acting like only your opinion matter and that blizzard must listen to u or they do wrong and u will start a lawsuit. U using “threats” when u dont get what u like. Lawsuit, quitting, never buying anything from blizzard again as soon as they dont do as u please. Its very childish and ppl wont take u seriously with that kind of approach.

Never said that. Again negative thinking pattern. U think everything i believe is against what u believe since i dont agree with u fully. Im just telling u that ppl have different opinions. Not only your opinion matter. Its ok if ppl like different things. Stop jumping your own conclusions.

I said they have alot of freedom since they didnt define what classic gameplay actually is. That doesnt mean they can do whatever they want. On top of that they did speak of changes before the game got released. So its not false advertisement. U simply just jumped your own conclusions instead of actually reading what is written. Consider how much u twist my words im not surprised at all.

Also if u read the EULA, u agreed that any disputes will be between u and blizzard. It would take alot more before the court would even bother.

There are limits. Again i said they have alot of freedom not that there are no limits. U think its better to satisfy the minority? Rather than the majority? I doubt that consider they care about profits. However im not saying they will add things just cause the majority as they still have to discuss it. Thats what companies do with feedback.
Didnt say everyone will love it, we simply dont know what changes are good or which are not. All have to be discussed. They wont implent changes blindly without investigating the impact. For the next coming changes they planned ptr even.

Read:

Great idea then in the far future make sure that we have thousands upon thousands of options. After all there cannot be too many options right. Thousands upon thousands of check boxes to either check or leave alone.

Unless the true D2 fans have changed that much where they have to have a lot of changes just to keep their attention. Or maybe the majority are the newer generation, which means that those that wanted this game to have only a few changes after the needed fixes to the game, lobby as I have heard being one of them will not be able to hold onto the idea that this game will be for them down the road.

Also the newer generation doesn’t understand how players can be fine with a 20+ year old game that is virtually unchanged in how it is played and could no doubt play this game for another 20+ years easily.

Take a look at D3 seasons for a long time from around season 5 to season 14 there wasn’t any special season only content that was new to seasons. So that would put it for about ten seasons no special season only content. Which means for around 2.5 years nothing new was given to seasons in D3. Yet we still had players playing seasons anyway. So if D3 can hold our attention for 2.5 years without anything new so can D2 hold the attention of many players till Diablo Immortal or D4 launches. Newsflash that would mean that this game and of course add in D3 because there are those that will play D3 as well as D2R, I know I am one that will be playing season 25 since I will want to use a barb this time.

When I said that Blizz has to draw a line in the sand. A line that they won’t cross. What you don’t understand that idiom as saying that Blizz has to set limits on themselves on how far they will go as far as changes to this game. Limits that would be based on how D2R is advertised on their shop page.

Also I have said before that I know that they can still make changes that won’t go against that line of advertising that said they promised to keep the classic Diablo 2 game play experience that we remember.

You know you might think that it is impossible for Blizz to be sued for false advertising. Well you would be wrong. Blizz has laws that they must abide by if they want to remain in business and make a profit. They know that and will abide by those laws.

Trust me if Blizz ever does sell an unannounced project in the guise of a remaster of a beloved game. By changing that remaster that launched into the game they wanted it to be. Then pouring salt into the wound charging us again to buy that game it has changed into. There will be trouble in the form of lawsuits and maybe even criminal charges.

If you still don’t understand that idiom of drawing a line in the sand as setting limits for yourself then go look it up. Google is your friend.

But I don’t have to agree with them or call their ideas the best thing since sliced bread as many here seem to think. There are those that can tell in a heartbeat when a proposed idea just wouldn’t work. Just because the idea works fine in one game doesn’t mean it will work fine in this game.

If they break the law they will get into trouble. They are not immune to lawsuits or immunity to breaking the laws affecting consumer protection and they know it. If they want to still be open for business and turn a profit then they have to abide by those laws. If you think they are immune to those things then why is the current scandal, their biggest in all history, still exist. Heck it should’ve came down to Blizz has immunity against these things cased thrown out of court.

You were the one saying one by one changes.

What do they have to come out in hundreds of interviews and define it personally for everyone. Are people like computers and they need that kind of info. I say no they don’t need that because their current actions along with future actions will do that far them. I just hope the future actions don’t change this game into something that I don’t want to play. Or only play it offline with mods that others do wind up making.

Again I say there are still changes they can make that will not go against that advertisement that is in their shop page.

I hope that they do listen to the right players. Because if they don’t then there will be trouble. I know that in times past they have listened to the wrong players.

What are we doing making suggestions if we don’t have any confidence in what would be good for the game or not. Also you are saying that the players are so stupid that they couldn’t possibly see changes as being bad. Only the devs in their infinite wisdom and like God cannot make a mistake they cannot make a mistake right. Well I am sure you know where I am going with that right.

Going by what you think is the majority or being convinced that x is what the majority wanted. You might find out that the majority never even asked for x to be added.

Cause it has to be thousands of changes if they want to add 1 or 2 things right? U being a extremist. U are being blinded by your negative thinking pattern. Its common for kids or ppl with cognitive disorder to overreact and behave like chaos will happen. Do u think thousands of options will be added in a 20y old game? Not even a new game have that. All changes has to be discussed before implented and bigger ones should be tested.

Magnification, fortune-telling

[10 Common Negative Thinking Patterns and 5 Steps for Change: Blog - The Family Centre](https://www.familycentre.org/news/post/10-common-negative-thinking-patterns-and-5-steps-for-change)

So u saying true d2 fans are purists? Im pretty sure there are more than just purists who liked d2. The d2 fanbase isnt a homogenus group of ppl.

Black and white/Dichotomous thinking

Labelling

And the later seasons also been popular and brought players back to d3. Seasonal themes are a popular feature so it obv did add something to the game. And builds been changed and new sets been added. All of these were changes. D3 has changed alot over the years even without the “seasonal themes”.

Mind-reading,“Should” statements (also known as “must”) ,Emotional reasoning

Again classic gameplay isnt defined so they have freedom and they alrdy before release stated they looking into more changes. They alrdy have a vision which they follow. They not 6y olds. So they not going against their advertisement even if u believe they are. Thats what u dont get.

I didnt say its impossible. But so far they didnt do anything wrong and did what they promised.

Everyone have to follow the law. However u dont understand how the law works.

Being emotional again? They been honest with what they sold to u. U just made your own conclusions of what the game should be and now are mad cause they doing things u dont like.

U think the court care about your emotions? If blizz broke the law yes if u willing to pay the lawyers and think u can fight blizzard which do have resources to fight back then i wish u gl. However so far they didnt break the law nor did they break the agreement. And as i stated before if they can argue that they kept the classic gameplay even with changes then they dont need to worry about it. Also u agreed to take disputes between u and blizzard and not in court. So u still have to take the discussion with blizzard first.

Its called emotional reasoning. Its not fact and only what ppl want to believe. There are also ppl who believe there is a god without even questioning it doesnt make it true. U dont build a business on emotional reasoning. So far alot ppl who want changes like ploot added are giving arguments to why. Blizzard need statistical fact or data to make decisions otherwise it just be guessing. Thats what surveys are for. Feedback on forum gives information about why ppl want things or do not want things.

Ofc not. Thats why u discuss it and try it out in PTR. If it works in one game and its a popular feature atleast it have its merit.

Im telling u how the law works. The word means alot. If u wanna sue them u have to prove to the court what classic gameplay actually mean. (If it gets there which i rly doubt it would)
As there is no true definition u cant back up your claim which means your definition is only a emotional definition of what u want it to be. That wont hold in court as blizzard would counter it saying this is what they meant: xxxxxx. And since they also have interviews which clarified their definition the court would simply accept their definition. In worst case for blizzard they would be forced to refund u which they would prolly have done before u even got to court and maybe remove the line in their advertisement as it could be considered misleading. It would take a rly dumb person to even try sue blizzard for such thing as a lawyer aint cheap.

Im saying the same thing. Just that they could do alot more than u would like.

They will mainly listen to themselves and their judgement. They will however take ppls opinion and feedback and their collected data in consideration. “The right player” is a subjective and everyone believe they are the “right” one.

Ppl have wishes. There are things ppl loved in other games which they want to exist in d2. Do all dreams come true? No, but should ppl stop dreaming? Its not logical but its printed into the human brain. Alot of ppl want to get married and have kids. Is it all good and a dance on roses? Hell no, but it could be pretty good.

Obv they can make mistakes. Doesnt mean they always do. Just like u can be wrong and do mistakes. It could be a mistake to not add changes thats why they will base most of their decisions on data to minimize the risk.

What do i think is the majority? I only stated that the surveys point at one direction and u shouldnt act like u know what the majority wants.

So you think only a couple of options will be added huh. Well then that means more things that will be changed that won’t be optional. Things that could make this game more like being project D2R instead of just D2R.

If you think that only those few things you know of will be the only suggestions that will ever be made that will fly under the banner of the almighty options I wonder what you have been drinking.

So one who does think there are only two groups purists that wanted zero changes and ones that love and support every change to the game. Heck you guys probably even support increasing the drop rates to 8xs if personal loot ever gets added. After all someone could suggest such a thing. Since there is no right nor wrong then they have to be embraced just like the rest right.

If you don’t understand how players can keep playing the same game for 20+ years it isn’t labeling. It is stating a fact, that there are a group of players that are from the time period where games really didn’t change much after release except for balance patches, bug fixes and maybe one expansion. So after the last balance changes in a game, whether or not the game was balanced properly or not. The company called its work done on that game. During those years no game was seen to be a game in development for eternity.

Move things forward to our time and things have changed where players that have grown up with games that constantly change all of the time. So those ones will not be able to understand the magic of the older games that did finish their development cycle where no new changes were made for a long time. But still there are many players that go back and play those older games because they still find them fun to play.

The new sets weren’t introduced till seasons themes started. Actually Season 19 is when the first two sets came out.

Without them setting limits then they just might try selling us an unannounced project in the guise of a D2 remaster. Then we would lose the remaster as it transforms into the game they were wanting to sell us in the guise of a D2 remaster. Sure it is not likely to happen, but without them setting limits and possibly removing that line in their shop page it could happen and players like you wouldn’t care about it at all. They could even pour salt in the wound by having us buy that title spending more money yet again.

So actions do speak louder than words do huh. Well tell me how many times have Blizz said we won’t make mistake x again and in some form or fashion they do it again. Now with the legal trouble they are in they make blanket statements that companies like them in similar situations make without truly showing proof in their actions that they will change.

Just talking what something is isn’t as good as showing it in actions and I say that Blizz has already done that with D2R along with the interviews they have already given.

When they are following a vision that vision has limits as well.

So far as long as they keep it that way then things will be fine. Otherwise there will be trouble.

I may not be a lawyer but I do know when a company breaks the law they will have to go through the same justice system like everyone else and all other companies before them.

So you would really support them in selling an unannounced project that isn’t a Diablo game at all as a D2 remaster. I really wonder what you have been drinking.

if they break the laws of the land I have to be the ones to take them to court in order for them to be prosecuted. I think all I would have to do is report the matter to the authorities and they would take it from there. I am not talking about civil matters I am talking about criminal matters.

But if Blizz doesn’t set the limits they need to in order to prevent themselves from doing just that then there will be trouble.

No, I don’t think if they broke the law as far as false advertising I have to talk to them first about it. Because then they would just get rid of the evidence by removing the line in their shop and lie about it ever being there.

You’re right, 8xs the loot drops for personal loot would be okay then. It wouldn’t hurt the economy or make the solo player feel punished for not playing in a full party online right. Also with that line of reasoning that nothing could be wrong then it would mean that things like the paragon system of D3 would be a great idea that must be implement since there is nothing that would obviously be a bad idea.

As far as this line is concerned that is for a religious themed forum and threads. But I can tell you as far as I am concerned God doesn’t need to jump into test tube in order to prove his existence. There is just way too much evidence that already proves he does exist. That is all I will say on that matter.

If they have to rely on statistical data from other games to see if it would be good for this game then we are likely to get anything maybe even D3’s paragon system with all of the problems that would come from it. Since it would be impossible to use logical thinking and reasoning on the matter to clearly see that it wouldn’t belong in D2R.

Oh okay then just because D3’s paragon 2.0 is the best idea ever means it is a great idea for this game to have it as well. Just think of endless plus to skills in the paragon system. Along with endless vitality in D2R.

Do you remember Realm of Trials for Diablo 3. They had the PTR and all the time in the world to make it work. Alas it didn’t work out and was removed like the players were calling for its removal.

Shared MF when MF was part of D3. That didn’t work either even though it was an idea from the players. There were others that were saying it wouldn’t work. I guess Blizz needed to put it in to see if the other players were right.

Heck no doubt there were those that were part of the testers of D3 long before the game was launched that told them the itemization for that game sucks. Didn’t listen, the same happens in PTRs for D3 as well as some of the feedback before D2R was released as I have been told. So could all of those players have been wrong and those ideas were the greatest thing since sliced bread. Where the only problem is no one could figure out how to make them work.

Okay then tell me what happens when they decide to make D2R into Median XL Sigma D2R. All I have to do is show game play with the Amazon in D2R that is identical to the current patch of Median XL Sigma along side of another video of the original D2:LOD game and there will be a night and day difference.

So then I could say how in the world could D2R that is identical to Median XL Sigma be the classic Diablo 2 game play experience that you remember. Video below is what I could use in court.

That is not emotions that is based on facts there is no way Blizz could wiggle out of it either and they would know it.

But they would remove that line long before it went to court. All because that line is misleading that can be clearly proven with a video above. Look actions do speak louder than words.

Case in point a close friend that says they are sorry for the wrong that they have done. Now they truly do make up for it by doing everything they promised. Where they don’t need to say anymore than that initial sorry.

Next case is a friend that think that saying I’m sorry many times without taking any action will be what is needed.

If they can’t figure out what is good for the game they have made then what the hell are they doing as devs. In an interview with Game Beat IIRC they said something along the like of adding player city, but said no because they knew it wouldn’t be good for the game. Because it is not part of the original game. Again they both set limits as well as knowing what is good or bad for the game.

Take WoW for example there are many players of that game that hate the current direction that the game is going. Now if some of the things they have implemented came from player feedback as well as what they wanted to do with the game. Clearly those things weren’t a good decision to make.

All I am saying is that Blizz has to be careful of the direction that they are taking.

I’m down for some changes, even big ones.

1 Like