"It's a remaster, not a remake" they keep saying

Personally, I am happy as long as they fix bugs, reduce queues and make QoL updates.

Anything extra that fall outside their promise of a remaster are bonuses.

People fear change. It’s normal.

The good thing about Diablo , compare to other dev, is they have PTR for players to test and feedback.

They don’t always get it right, but a successful businesss is not one that get it right all time, but one that get it right most time and listen to feedback and improvised.

Dev like GGG ( POE dev) are so well received is that they usually make good update, and when some updates are poorly received, they are willing to listen and make changes. They don’t always get it right, but overall they do more right than wrong hence POE is one of the most popular arpg out there.

I think it’s time we put some faith in Blizzard and the PTR testers to get balancing update right ( more right over more wrong at least).

If we want the game to grow and our kids( grandkids) can play in 20 years time , we need to embrace calculated risk.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie… I wish they did what PoE is doing. Give us new stuff every ladder, doesn’t matter if it’s not permanent changes, just little things to keep it interesting.
Give me a ladder period where hell Diablo is lvl 99 with awesome drops and he wrecks the ish out of you with insane attack speed/damage. I’d be interesting to see who would make it to act 5 first if Diablo is too OP for most. Better yet, the abaddon portals (with a “S” because they could add one in each map) are filled with nothing but super uniques and bosses for one ladder period only.
That’s random examples off the top of my head but they could easily make little changes here and there to challenge you or to make you want to farm a map you usually never farm.

1 Like

Path of Diablo is forr you, I wish we cold play it with the new engine tho…

I tried it a while back, don’t know how it changed over time but it wasn’t bad. I remember finding it interesting but it felt unfinished

Project Diablo 2 and Path of Diablo are the only mods I know that do improve on Diablo 2 while keeping it true to its roots, I also wish Blizz would take queu and do something on those lines but I doubt it will ever happen.

1 Like

Hire the people behind the mods.

3 Likes

^100% this. GGG hired the path of building creator to work on PoE.

2 Likes

??? no they didnt. chris does not believe in subs just to play a game. its why they went the F2P roate. its also why there MTX does not give you any form of boost. GGG does not believe in running bussiness in this way. the majority of gamers do not want to be paying a sub to play games they already payed for.

in fact subs for gaming other than xbox pass and the like is actually an outdated system. its why no game sence WoW has managed to successfull do subs like WoW has.

2 Likes

I have to correct this as Final Fantasy 14 did very well and has the same business model as World of Warcraft. I will agree that outside of these two there weren’t really any companies that have pulled it off.

1 Like

oops i forgot about this gaming needing subs. thanks for pointing that one out. imo there are much better ways to bring money in without subs. like MTX that does not in no way give an boost of a sort to a player. just cosmetics or say extra stash space

IOW no real changes.

No it isn’t. You guys are like Charlie brown missing the football over and over and never learning.

I’d say the person betting against Blizzard going against what the majority of people VOTED for in the poll is the most likely to be wrong.

Because you are naive and silly. They have been doing exactly that since release. They aren’t going to suddenly start caring what people want. Diablo immortal ring a bell? Go watch D4 gameplay, it is D3 all over again. The only difference is a darker pallet that still looks like a cartoon.

They don’t care what people want. if anything they use that feedback to know which direction is 180 degrees away from that and then they floor it.

1 Like

I would prefer it turned into a remake.

edit: Fix the god aweful character models first.

1 Like

This is the fastest way to lose customers. just sayin’

I think they hate their customers and want them to go away.

“Everybody has a phone right?”

1 Like

I can’t believe you are still thinking about that…

is that how you deal with those who wrong you? By not holding them accountable and moving on so they can do it again and again? You would make a great vooter.

2 Likes

They didn’t wrong me… they made a mobile game I won’t play… it’s great for those who will but I don’t really care.

1 Like