Ith rune on armor don't seems to work [SOLVED]

Hi,

Just for fun, i put 3 ith on grisworld heart armor on my sorc. That means 45% of the damage received goes to mana, + 10% on my boots and 10% on my shield.

That means 65% of the damage normally must go to the mana.

The problem is that my mana doesn’t seems to move a lot but my life taking big shot.
Is there some kind of math i don’t understand here or?

SOLVED The problem came to the translation in french which is stupid.
“45% des dégats subis sont soustrait au mana, which literally translate by 45% of damage taken is subtracted from mana”

1 Like

Thats not HOW that affix works. It is NOT a mana shield. It just provides mana equal to a % of the damage you took.
So 50% damage to mana on a 150 damage hit would give you 75 mana back when you took the hit. It does not lower the damage taken.

3 Likes

Yeah. If you are expecting that if you put those runes and you expect any dmg would take away from your mana pool first before it hits your life, that is not how that works. It is like Dragonmaster mentioned. It means if you take dmg, that a portion of that is refunded back to your mana pool

1 Like

15% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

For me that mean if i take a hit with 100 damage, 15 must go to mana and 85 to the life.

Is it not right?

So let says i have 50% Damage Taken Goes to Mana, if i take a 1000 damage hit, i need to loose 500 life and 500 mana? Correct?

Nope, its as others said:

“Damage taken goes to mana” means you gain mana when you take hits. It does not mean “you get a permanent Energy Shield for any class”

No. It means you gain 500 mana.

1 Like

Nope. It means if you take dmg, that you will gain a certain percentage of that dmg to your current mana. It doesn’t take from your current mana.

1 Like

Well, this item description is poorly explained. especially in french.

45% des dégats subis sont soustrait au mana, which litterally translate by 45% of damage taken is subtracted from mana.

So, yeah, the one who have translated that was high.

4 Likes

It isn’t worded very well, but you have to remember there’s limited space in the item windows (particularly back in the day when 800x600 resolution was the norm). They had to take the shortest phrases that could possibly comvey the intended meaning.

Also: The game wasn’t originally available in other languages to my knowledge, so someone did in fact drop the ball there.

2 Likes

Wow…. Nothing to add here….Just wow…

1 Like

Hmm, yeah if it says it like that, it seems to be worded very oddly. I would post on the Bug Report forums in case that wording needs to be adjusted.

1 Like

15% of the damage you take refill your mana.

That would have been WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY simpler :smiley:

At least for English, it is the original text, it was not changed from the original.

neither in french, that was always like that, i just never tried it before…

I will put this game in english since it’s translated like S…

It’s more clear, but it’s definitely still longer than their effect description.

1 Like

Yo it was an honest mistake just take the L and delete your griswolds.

1 Like

I can take the runes off of it?

Nevermind i find it and did it

I feel for ya OP. Translations in many games leave allot to be desired. Allot of companies will “translate” terms, but not really “localize” terms in a way that makes sense to people who speak the language.

2 Likes

I’m not mad though, i was just curious why the hell my mana was always full and my life played yoyo.

The proper wording would be, 50% of damage taken is returned as Mana.

1 Like

its not really even a translation error, as it’s basically the same as the English version, which also isn’t very clear.

1 Like